|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 and 25, pp. 241-267.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the official going through the train checking the IDs of civilian males?
(a) He was looking for South Vietnamese Army members.
(b) He was looking for draft evaders.
(c) He was looking for Viet Cong members.
(d) He was looking for American citizens.
2. What drug was the German man addicted to in Chapter 8?
3. What happened with the Orient Express when it went through the Alpine tunnel in Chapter 2?
(a) The train stopped.
(b) The train slowed down significantly.
(c) The lights went out.
(d) The train sped up.
4. What was the name of Gandhi's birthplace, visited by Theroux in Chapter 10?
5. What did one American take to deal with the Indian food and water?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many feet did the train ascend before descending into the gorge in Chapter 19?
2. What poem did Molesworth quote while waiting for Yugoslav officials to look over passenger papers in Chapter 2?
3. What Shakespeare play did Anne teach while living in Queenstown?
4. What American song was playing in a Burmese style aboard the train in Burma in Chapter 17?
5. What was on the marble slabs at the Galta temple entrance?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)