|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 and 25, pp. 241-267.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word was tattooed on the American civilian worker's right hand?
2. How far does the train from Delhi to Madras travel?
(a) 1,000 miles.
(b) 2,000 miles.
(c) 1,400 miles.
(d) 2,500 miles.
3. Where did the tattooed American think he needed to go to earn a lot of money?
(b) Hong Kong.
4. What Sherlock Holmes story did Theroux allude to in Chapter 19?
(a) "The Red-Headed League."
(b) "The Hound of the Baskervilles."
(c) "The Adventure of the Dancing Men."
(d) "A Study in Scarlet."
5. Why was the cockney man going to Australia?
(a) There were too many blacks in London.
(b) There were too many Americans in London.
(c) There were too many Indians in London.
(d) There were too many Irish in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What African language did Theroux hear on the train as it traveled through England?
2. What animals did Theroux encounter near the Galta gorge temple?
3. On what Victoria station platform did Theroux depart on his trip?
4. Why was Theroux unable to get food at Meshed in Chapter 5?
5. How many tunnels went through the mountain pass?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)