|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20 and 21, pp. 207-223.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the cockney man going to Australia?
(a) There were too many Americans in London.
(b) There were too many Irish in London.
(c) There were too many blacks in London.
(d) There were too many Indians in London.
2. How was the engineer preparing to convert to Islam?
(a) He was visiting mosques.
(b) He was attending a madrassa.
(c) He was traveling to Mecca.
(d) He was reading the Koran.
3. At what Italian station was Duffill left behind?
4. What was the common form of transportation in Calcutta described by Theroux in Chapter 16?
5. What were people using the train tracks for in Vijayayawada in Chapter 12?
(a) As a gathering place for feasts.
(b) As a bathroom.
(c) As a place for meeting people.
(d) As a gathering place for selling food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the Canadian couple going to Australia?
2. How many rooms were in Bernard's mansion?
3. What does the frieze in the Peshawar Museum depict?
4. Where had the young man traveling to Bangkok sought romantic advice?
5. What did Theroux buy at the Naung-Peng station while waiting for the next train?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)