|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, 14 and 15, pp. 146- 164.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Duffill eating as the train entered the Alpine tunnel in Italy?
2. What was the name of the mountain pass between Pakistan and Afghanistan?
(a) Khana Pass.
(b) Khyber Pass.
(c) Jalalabad Pass.
(d) Peshawar Pass.
3. In what year did Twain travel to India?
4. To which country was Sadiq going to bring Turkish workers?
(c) West Germany.
(d) East Germany.
5. What religious figure was born in the town of Mathura?
(a) Gautama Buddha.
(b) Lord Krishna.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Dickens book was Theroux reading in Chapter 3?
2. What were people using the train tracks for in Vijayayawada in Chapter 12?
3. Why was the Canadian couple going to Australia?
4. What was the name of Gandhi's birthplace, visited by Theroux in Chapter 10?
5. Why was Theroux disappointed when the train arrived at Lake Van in Chapter 3?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)