|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, 14 and 15, pp. 146- 164.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What African language did Theroux hear on the train as it traveled through England?
2. Where did many of the dentists in Simla come from?
3. To what did Theroux compare the forests of Madhya Pradesh?
(a) The woods of Appalachia.
(b) The woods of New Hampshire.
(c) The woods of the Pacific Northwest.
(d) The redwood forests.
4. What kind of jam did the Iranians eat that Theroux found disgusting?
(c) Sweet potato.
5. What religion was the ship's second mate who disliked Indians and Ceylonese?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who built the jail in Kabul in 1626?
2. Why was the cockney man going to Australia?
3. What author was Theroux reading at the end of Chapter 11?
4. What English novelist once wrote, "The journey is the goal"?
5. What Mark Twain book did Theroux quote at the end of Chapter 10?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)