|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, 14 and 15, pp. 146- 164.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Gandhi's birthplace, visited by Theroux in Chapter 10?
2. Approximately how many of these animals did Theroux see?
3. How high did the railway climb through the pass?
(a) 3,600 feet.
(b) 4,000 feet.
(c) 3,200 feet.
(d) 3,000 feet.
4. What railway line did Theroux grow up near?
(a) Boston and Maine.
(b) Chesapeake and Ohio.
(c) Central Pacific.
5. What was the approximate population of Ceylon at the time of Chapter 15?
(a) Twenty million.
(b) Twelve million.
(c) Fifteen million.
(d) Seven million.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had the English engineer been staying in rural Iran when Theroux met him on the train in Chapter 5?
2. How did Theroux know he had touched bottom while traveling by train?
3. How long before departure were VIP seats reserved on Indian trains?
4. What was the tall, four-foot wide box found in the individual compartment in Chapter 9?
5. How did Yashar describe his political leanings in Chapter 2?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)