|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 and 25, pp. 241-267.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the surname Singh mean?
2. Where had the young man traveling to Bangkok sought romantic advice?
(a) From an imam.
(b) From a palm reader.
(c) From a swami.
(d) From a Buddhist monk.
3. What American song was playing in a Burmese style aboard the train in Burma in Chapter 17?
(a) The Weight.
(b) Marrakesh Express.
(c) A Whiter Shade of Pale.
(d) Deep Purple.
4. What magazine did the CIA official tell Theroux he wrote for?
(a) Field and Stream.
(b) Reader's Digest.
(c) Boys' Life.
(d) Rolling Stone.
5. What profession did Theroux claim to ward off questions in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the Buddhist monks doing when Theroux encountered them in Mandalay in Chapter 17?
2. What was the surname of the local USIS official in Hue?
3. How long was the trip to Lahore?
4. Why did the young man leaving Bangalore to go to Bangkok in Chapter 16?
5. What was the birthplace of the Indian who grew up in Britain and left because of racism?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)