|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 and 25, pp. 241-267.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hotels did Mandalay have?
2. What Russian writer did Theroux read on the trip in Chapter 7?
3. What happened to the French-built Trans-Vietnam Railway six years after it was completed in the 1930s?
(a) It was seized by the government.
(b) It was damaged in an earthquake.
(c) It blew up.
(d) It burned down.
4. How many deserters did Dial estimate remained in Vietnam?
(a) About 300.
(b) About 50.
(c) About 500.
(d) About 200.
5. What American song was playing in a Burmese style aboard the train in Burma in Chapter 17?
(a) A Whiter Shade of Pale.
(b) Marrakesh Express.
(c) Deep Purple.
(d) The Weight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What magazine did the CIA official tell Theroux he wrote for?
2. Which Kipling book did Theroux refer to when describing Lahore?
3. What were the American travelers discussing on the train in Chapter 8?
4. What American play was banned under Thieu's regime?
5. What was the Vietnamese woman doing with the half-American baby on the train through Vietnam?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)