|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 and 25, pp. 241-267.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What area was Theroux told serves as an off-limits security area in Chapter 17?
(c) Inle Lake.
2. What term described the total work stoppage organized by the Socialist Unity Centre in Chapter 16?
3. Which Kipling book did Theroux refer to when describing Lahore?
(a) Gunga Din.
(b) The Jungle Book.
(d) Just-so Stories.
4. What did Theroux write was the greatest tragedy of American involvement in Vietnam?
(a) That we had come in the first place.
(b) That we had backed the wrong side.
(c) That we had stayed too long.
(d) That we never planned to stay.
5. What magazine did the CIA official tell Theroux he wrote for?
(a) Field and Stream.
(b) Boys' Life.
(c) Rolling Stone.
(d) Reader's Digest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the Buddhist monks doing when Theroux encountered them in Mandalay in Chapter 17?
2. What was the code name of Theroux's American host in Saigon?
3. What drug was the German man addicted to in Chapter 8?
4. What festival was being celebrated as Theroux arrived in Calcutta in Chapter 16?
5. In Chapter 8, Theroux was told there was no train to which country?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)