Chapter 1 and 2, pp. 1-43
1. What railway line did Theroux grow up near?
(b) Boston and Maine.
(c) Central Pacific.
(d) Chesapeake and Ohio.
2. What English novelist once wrote, "The journey is the goal"?
(a) Roddy Doyle.
(b) Graham Greene.
(c) Michael Frayn.
(d) Ian McEwan.
3. On what Victoria station platform did Theroux depart on his trip?
4. What African language did Theroux hear on the train as it traveled through England?
5. Approximately how much did Theroux's meal cost on the train through France?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) Fifteen dollars.
(c) Eight dollars.
(d) Five dollars.
6. At what French station did the train join the Orient Express?
(a) Gare Centrale.
(b) Gare du Nord.
(c) Gare de Lyon.
(d) Gare du Sud.
7. What was the name of the actors' agent met by Theroux on the Orient Express?
8. What was Duffill eating as the train entered the Alpine tunnel in Italy?
This section contains 3,746 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)