|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXVI and XXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Annette Essipoff from?
2. How old was Anton Rubinstein when he debuted?
3. Where was Ignacy Jan Paderewski from?
4. What pianist performed at four and memorized and played all the Beethoven symphonies at eight on piano?
(a) Felix Mendelssohn.
(b) Louis Moreau Gottschalk.
(c) Clara Schumann.
(d) William Sterndale Bennett.
5. How much money did Ignacy Jan Paderewski earn for three months playing in the United States?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Johann Hummel from?
2. What Russian pianist played Chopin's Polonaise for an amazed critic, George Bernard Shaw?
3. What nickname did the pianist Vladimir de Pachmann acquire?
4. In what year did Louis Moreau Gottschalk die?
5. What pianist wrote music that took "remarkable stretch" and "peculiar hand formation" to reach his left-hand extensions?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)