|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXVI and XXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did the romantic upheaval take place in music?
2. In what year did Sigismond Thalberg debut in New York and play fifty-six concerts?
3. What Australian pianist hiked to concerts with a knapsack and was one of the most gifted pianists of the 20th century?
(a) Moriz Rosenthal.
(b) Alfred Grunfeld.
(c) Vassily Sapellnikoff.
(d) Percy Grainger.
4. Thalberg fully retired from playing with not even a piano at home in what year?
5. How old was Isaac Albeniz when his father allowed him to go to New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Johannes Sebastian Bach die?
2. In what year did Leopold Godowsky suffer a stroke?
3. What nickname did the pianist Leopold Godowsky go by?
4. Who married composer Robert Schumann, wore black in his memory, and was the authority on his music?
5. When was Frédéric Chopin born?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)