|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXVI and XXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Anton Rubinstein born?
2. What pianist was born in April 28, 1873 in New Malden, Surrey, England?
(a) Bartolomeo Cristofori.
(b) Harold Bauer.
(c) John Field.
(d) Muzio Clementi.
3. What German Romantic composer of orchestral and choral works was born in 1809 in Hamburg?
(a) Carl Czerny.
(b) Felix Mendelssohn.
(c) Friedrich Kalkbrenner.
(d) Ignaz Moscheles.
4. How old was Isaac Albeniz when he debuted in 1864 Spain?
5. Which student of Franz Liszt is described as having musical skill that was mostly telling tales published in "Music Study in Germany"?
(a) Amy Fay.
(b) Clara Schumann.
(c) Adele aus der Ohe.
(d) Sophie Mentor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a term used to describe various tools invented to help young piano students learn and practice that included a chiroplast, guide-mains, dactylion to suspend fingers on springs, pocket hand exerciser, and technicon among others that promised perfection with less work?
2. Who sought ideal music he could play and compose and eventually settled on Mozart's twelve piano concertos at farewell concerts in 1922?
3. When did Sigismond Thalberg die?
4. Who was the earliest-born pianist to be recorded?
5. How much money did Ignacy Jan Paderewski earn for three months playing in the United States?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)