|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXVI and XXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term is used to identify a type of music that is a singing, nuanced, fluffy, polite, and melodic approach developed after Bach's death when the heavy contrapuntal style used in the tempestuous fugue fell into disfavor?
2. Paderewski did not receive systematic instruction until what age?
3. Where was Anton Rubinstein born?
4. In what year did Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart die?
5. What term is used to describe a form of playing that means connected consecutive notes without audible separation compared to staccato playing with distinct breaks between consecutive notes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What German Romantic composer of orchestral and choral works was born in 1809 in Hamburg?
2. What nickname referred to Eugene d'Albert?
3. When did Louis Moreau Gottschalk return to the United States to give a New York concert?
4. In what year did Leopold Godowsky suffer a stroke?
5. Leschetizky identified three elements of being a great pianist that included being a what?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)