|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXVI and XXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Paderewski did not receive systematic instruction until what age?
2. Chopin's music was critiqued as exotic or even insane for its "bold dissonance and strange _____."
3. In what year did Louis Moreau Gottschalk die?
4. What is the term used to describe an elegant drawing room used in formal receptions that is different in layout and size than a public hall or auditorium used for concerts?
5. Who credited Nicholas Rubinstein as his chief teacher and said Liszt was too old to teach him?
(a) Emil von Sauer.
(b) Moriz Rosenthal.
(d) Alfred Grunfeld.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the romantic upheaval take place in music?
2. What nickname referred to Eugene d'Albert?
3. What term refers to a form of music also called counterpoint in which several simultaneous melodies are woven together into a harmonious whole that was fostered by Johann Sebastian Bach?
4. When did Chopin arrive in Paris as a fully-developed composer and pianist?
5. How old was Isaac Albeniz when his father allowed him to go to New York?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)