|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXVI and XXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From 1750 to 1824, London music shops grew from 12 to how many?
2. Paderewski did not receive systematic instruction until what age?
3. When did the piano become the most popular instrument to be played publicly?
4. What great pianist played piano as he sat erect and formal with minimal movement and earned the nickname Old Arpeggio?
(a) Sigismond Thalberg.
(b) Adolf von Henselt.
(c) Friedrich Chopin.
(d) Carl Czerny.
5. In what year did the romantic upheaval take place in music?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was an ill-defined method of balanced playing where stronger emphasized notes were offset by lesser emphasized notes?
2. What pianist was born in April 28, 1873 in New Malden, Surrey, England?
3. When did Leopold de Meyer debut in America?
4. Who did Isaac Albeniz audition for in Budapest?
5. Where was William Sterndale Bennett from?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)