|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters VIII through X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Chopin born?
(a) Vienna, Austria.
(b) Krakaw, Poland.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) Warsaw, Poland.
2. In what year was the piano invented?
3. When was Frédéric Chopin born?
4. In what year did Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart die?
5. Where was Johann Hummel from?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the piano become the most popular instrument to be played publicly?
2. What German pianist, conductor, and composer of Czech birth was a pupil of B. D. Weber in Prague and of Albrechtsberger and Salieri in Vienna?
3. What refers to a keyboard instrument, precursor of the piano, in which the strings are plucked by leather or quill points connected with the keys, in common use from the 16th to the 18th century?
4. What is the name of a term used to describe a form of music in which themes successively repeat?
5. What musical instrument consists of one or more sets of pipes sounded by means of compressed air, played by means of one or more keyboards, and capable of producing a wide range of musical effects?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)