|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters VIII through X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Carl Maria Friedrich Ernst von Weber born?
2. What Irish pianist, composer, and teacher was born in Dublin in 1782?
(a) John Field.
(b) Bartolomeo Cristofori.
(c) Adolf von Henselt.
(d) Muzio Clementi.
3. What refers to a keyboard instrument, precursor of the piano, in which the strings are plucked by leather or quill points connected with the keys, in common use from the 16th to the 18th century?
4. Where was Franz Liszt musical director and the location of the headquarters for "Music of the Future"?
(a) Buckingham court.
(b) Liszt court.
(c) Weimar court.
(d) Hammel court.
5. A primitive cylinder recording of Brahms was found dated from what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What German Romantic composer of orchestral and choral works was born in 1809 in Hamburg?
2. When was Johann Hummel born?
3. What German pianist and composer was a pupil of Hummel and Sechter and became court pianist in St Petersburg?
4. Two Hungarian countesses wrestled to the ground over what object belonging to Franz Liszt?
5. Where did Frédéric Chopin die?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)