|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XI through XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invented the piano?
(a) Adolf von Henselt.
(b) Muzio Clementi.
(c) Bartolomeo Cristofori.
(d) John Field.
2. From 1750 to 1824, London music shops grew from 12 to how many?
3. When was Vladimir von Pachmann born?
4. In the late 18th century, piano-playing techniques changed from Clementi's classic horizontal hand and arm level to outward-turned hands and wrists exemplified by whom?
(a) Ignaz Moscheles.
(b) Adolf von Henselt.
(c) Carl Czerny.
(d) Johann Nepomuk Hummel.
5. When did Leopold de Meyer debut in America?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Sigismond Thalberg debut in New York and play fifty-six concerts?
2. What is an English piano manufacturer founded in 1728 by Burkat Shudi and continued after his death in 1773?
3. Thalberg fully retired from playing with not even a piano at home in what year?
4. What German pianist, composer, piano teacher, and piano manufacturer was born in 1785?
5. Where did Liszt have rooms between Weimar and Budapest?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)