|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XI through XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Franz Liszt musical director and the location of the headquarters for "Music of the Future"?
(a) Liszt court.
(b) Weimar court.
(c) Buckingham court.
(d) Hammel court.
2. What term is used to identify a type of music that is a singing, nuanced, fluffy, polite, and melodic approach developed after Bach's death when the heavy contrapuntal style used in the tempestuous fugue fell into disfavor?
3. What term is used to describe the late eighteenth and early nineteenth century virtuoso style of piano playing in which a pianist plays with expanded flexibility?
4. Who studied under Carl Czerny and began his public career at the age of 11, appearing at the Teatro San Benedetto, Venice, in 1843?
(a) Alfred Jaëll.
(b) Theodor Döhler.
(c) William Sterndale Bennett.
(d) Louis Moreau Gottschalk.
5. When was Frédéric Chopin born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What pianist was born November 14, 1778, in Bohemia?
2. In what year was Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart born?
3. What pianist wrote music that took "remarkable stretch" and "peculiar hand formation" to reach his left-hand extensions?
4. Who invented the piano?
5. A primitive cylinder recording of Brahms was found dated from what year?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)