|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nynaeve tell Elayne to do when she finds her in the end of Chapter forty?
2. What is Ba'alzamon holding when Rand wakes up in Chapter forty-one?
3. What are the shards that Moiraine shows to Rand at the end of the story?
4. How does Hurin's behavior change as is described in Chapter thirty?
5. What does Hurin say about Fain's smell when they enter Falme?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the second letter say that Selene leaves for Rand in Chapter twenty-seven?
2. What does Hurin tell Rand after Rand burns the three invitations he gets?
3. What happens when Liandrin sends the girls through the Waygate into Toman Head?
4. What does Loial explain he is afraid is going to happen when he is at the stedding in Chapter thirty-five?
5. What does Moiraine tell Rand when he wakes up?
6. What does Verin tell Rand after they are through the portal?
7. What does Barthanes tell Rand as Rand is leaving Barthanes's home?
8. Describe the scene in Chapter forty-three when Nynaeve meets for the first time with Captain Domon.
9. What does Renna explain to Egwene about the damane and the sal'dam?
10. Describe the scene where Turak and Rand have their fight.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What is significant about Fain's interaction with Mordeth as Moiraine describes it?
2) Did Nynaeve see Fain in the city as she though? If so why did Fain not approach her?
3) Why did Fain want the dagger so badly?
Essay Topic 2
1) What does it signify that Ba'alzamon's face is always burned and that he has fire in his eyes?
2) What other ways could he be described but give the same perception to readers?
3) How closely linked are the fates of Ba'alzamon and Rand?
Essay Topic 3
1) Mim explains that Galad is so good that he would hurt the woman he was with to do the right thing. Is it possible to be 'too good?' Explain.
2) What role did Captain Domon play in the story? Is it significant that his ship left before Nynaeve and the other arrived?
3) Speculate on how the story would have been different if the Captain had not left without Nynaeve and the others.
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)