|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time change have they experienced when they arrive at Toman Head in Chapter thirty-seven?
2. What does Verin tell Rand about the strange statue that is being dug up?
3. What does the damane do when Nynaeve frees her from her collar in Chapter forty-five?
4. What does Arthur say that they must follow?
5. What do the people in the town of Falme do when they see a damane and a sul'dam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Renna explain to Egwene about the damane and the sal'dam?
2. Describe what Rand sees in the other lives he sees while trying to use the Portal Stone.
3. What does Liandrin tell Egwene and Nynaeve in Chapter thirty-eight?
4. What does Loial explain he is afraid is going to happen when he is at the stedding in Chapter thirty-five?
5. What does Barthanes tell Rand as Rand is leaving Barthanes's home?
6. Describe what happens in Chapter twenty-eight when Ing'tar and his men come upon an Aeil.
7. What does Ing'tar explain in the end of Chapter forty-six?
8. Describe the scene where Turak and Rand have their fight.
9. What does Verin tell Rand after they are through the portal?
10. Describe Rand's encounter with Ba'alzamon in Chapter forty-one.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What role does Rand play in the story? What are his strengths? His weaknesses?
2) Why does Rand fight so hard against Hurin calling him Lord and bowing before him?
3) Explain the way that Rand feels about Egwene compared to how he feels about Selene.
Essay Topic 2
1) Describe Perrin's character. What role does Perrin play in the story?
2) What does Perrin's connection with the wolves represent to the reader?
3) Why does Perrin not confide his secret in Mat or in Rand?
Essay Topic 3
Pick one of the following topics to write about.
1) Pick one of the other characters in the story to walk through one of the arches. What do you think that character would see?
2) If you had to pick one of the characters to be in the story which character would it be and why?
3) What color Aes Sedai would you join? Explain.
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)