|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What creatures does Rand and the others see in Falme in Chapter forty-five?
2. What do Turak's two servants do when Turak is killed?
3. What does Domon decide he needs to do when he is questioned about the cuendillar he possessed?
4. What does Hurin come to tell Rand has happened?
5. What does Renna say she wants to hear before she stops punishing Egwene in the end of Chapter forty-two?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens in Chapter twenty-eight when Ing'tar and his men come upon an Aeil.
2. What do the elder Olgier's say in Chapter thirty-six?
3. Describe what happens when Turak and his men first enter the room where Ing'tar and his men are standing with the Horn.
4. Describe the conversation that Rand and Thom have in Chapter twenty-six.
5. What does Moiraine tell Rand when he wakes up?
6. Describe the scene in Chapter forty-three when Nynaeve meets for the first time with Captain Domon.
7. What does the second letter say that Selene leaves for Rand in Chapter twenty-seven?
8. What is discovered about the sal'dam after the collars are put on two of the sul'dam by Nynaeve?
9. What does Barthanes tell Rand as Rand is leaving Barthanes's home?
10. What happens after Mat blows the horn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Is there any indication that Verin, or any of the other Aes Sedai knew that Ing'tar was a Darkfriend?
2) If you had to describe the Aes Sedai and the way that they manipulate things what would you compare it to or how would you describe it and why?
3) Do you believe that Selene truly cares for Rand? Why did Selene seem to be insulted when Rand continued to ask if she was Aes Sedai? Would it have changed Rand's view of Selene if she had admitted to being Aes Sedai?
Essay Topic 2
1) Describe Perrin's character. What role does Perrin play in the story?
2) What does Perrin's connection with the wolves represent to the reader?
3) Why does Perrin not confide his secret in Mat or in Rand?
Essay Topic 3
1) What role does Rand play in the story? What are his strengths? His weaknesses?
2) Why does Rand fight so hard against Hurin calling him Lord and bowing before him?
3) Explain the way that Rand feels about Egwene compared to how he feels about Selene.
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)