|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Egwene do when Renna walks in the room after Egwene's collar has been taken off?
2. What does Rand see while looking out of the window of the room in Falme after they have just found the Horn and the dagger?
3. What do Turak's two servants do when Turak is killed?
4. What are the shards that Moiraine shows to Rand at the end of the story?
5. Why does Ing'tar send Uno out to find clothes in Chapter forty-one?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Mat blows the horn?
2. What happens when Liandrin sends the girls through the Waygate into Toman Head?
3. What does the second letter say that Selene leaves for Rand in Chapter twenty-seven?
4. What does Loial explain he is afraid is going to happen when he is at the stedding in Chapter thirty-five?
5. Describe what Rand and Loial find when they return to the Inn in Chapter thirty?
6. Describe the scene in Chapter forty-three when Nynaeve meets for the first time with Captain Domon.
7. What does Ing'tar explain in the end of Chapter forty-six?
8. What does Hurin explain to Rand when he receives the invitations from the two powerful houses in Chapter thirty?
9. Describe the conversation that Rand and Thom have in Chapter twenty-six.
10. What does Renna explain to Egwene about the damane and the sal'dam?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What is significant about Fain's interaction with Mordeth as Moiraine describes it?
2) Did Nynaeve see Fain in the city as she though? If so why did Fain not approach her?
3) Why did Fain want the dagger so badly?
Essay Topic 2
1) Explain the significance of Selene's character.
2) Could Selene have shown up at another place or time in the story? Explain why or why not.
3) Is there any reason to think that Selene and Lanfear are not the same person? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
1) What does it signify that Ba'alzamon's face is always burned and that he has fire in his eyes?
2) What other ways could he be described but give the same perception to readers?
3) How closely linked are the fates of Ba'alzamon and Rand?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)