|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they realize about the man that they find dead in the village with spikes in his eyes, sholders and hands?
2. What does Nynaeve do while trying to stir the wind in Chapter twelve?
3. What has happened to the guards at the dungeon in chapter six?
4. What does Loial say about the strange land that they are in after he has made the weapon?
5. What is Nynaeve told she will have to face when going through the arches?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Egwene told in Chapter eleven when she tells one of the Aes Sedai that she has had dreams of Rand?
2. What happens in Chapter ten when Rand walks into an abandoned home?
3. What happens in Chapter four when Moiraine enters to speak to the Amyrlin?
4. Explain how Perrin is able to help track Fain and the other Darkfriends after Hurin has disappeared in Chapter fourteen.
5. What do Rand and the Warder discuss in Chapter one?
6. What does Lan instruct Rand in while they are heading to see the Amyrlin?
7. What differences have occurred in Mat and Perrin since they left their home?
8. Describe Rand's encounter with Ba'alzamon in Chapter fifteen.
9. Describe the clothing that is made for Rand.
10. Why is Mim at the White Tower?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick one of the following topics to write about.
1) What name would the wolves give you?
2) Would you rather meet a golm or a trolloc?
3) Speculate on who killed Barthanes and why.
Essay Topic 2
1) Describe Mim's character. What was her purpose in the story.
2) Why did she seem to both like and dislike Rand at the same time.
3) Why did Mim talk to Egwene the way that she did when Egwene saw Mim laying beside Rand when he was hurt?
Essay Topic 3
1) What role does Rand play in the story? What are his strengths? His weaknesses?
2) Why does Rand fight so hard against Hurin calling him Lord and bowing before him?
3) Explain the way that Rand feels about Egwene compared to how he feels about Selene.
This section contains 1,132 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)