|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Masema do to Rand while serving supper the first night they are camping?
2. What does Ing'tar say that they will say is Perrin's ability?
3. What is part of the reason that Moiraine refuses to stay and eat and drink with the Amyrlin?
4. What do Rand and the Warder hear that draws their attention in Chapter one?
5. What does Moiraine wear in the hopes that it will put some of the Aes Sedai off guard when they see it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rand find when he tries to leave the castle?
2. What happened to Egwene and Mat during the battle?
3. Describe the discussion in Chapter three when Mat implies that he is going to leave with Rand?
4. What does Selene continue to tell Rand about the Horn?
5. What does Elayne explain after they see Logain in the hall?
6. Describe the clothing that is made for Rand.
7. What does Rand see in the dungeon after the attack?
8. Describe the dream that Rand has in Chapter six.
9. What do Rand and the Warder discuss in Chapter one?
10. Describe Rand's encounter with Ba'alzamon in Chapter fifteen.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Is there any doubt that Liandrin was a member of the Black Ajah? Explain.
2) Why is Liandrin not shown again in this story? Do you believe she will be seen again later in the series or that her role is finished?
3) Did Liandrin ever lie? It is known that an Aes Sedai can't lie. What did Liandrin say that made sense after it was known what she was planning?
Essay Topic 2
1) What does the Horn represent? What else could have been used in place of the horn?
2) Is it significant that it was Mat that blew the Horn and not Rand?
3) Before reading that Mat blew the horn who would you have thought would be the character that would use it? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
1) Describe Mim's character. What was her purpose in the story.
2) Why did she seem to both like and dislike Rand at the same time.
3) Why did Mim talk to Egwene the way that she did when Egwene saw Mim laying beside Rand when he was hurt?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)