|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Amyrlin say will be enough to have both her and Moiraine stilled?
2. What is the reason that Selene gives for leaving Rand in the middle of the night while they are stayin at the Nine Rings?
3. What does Rand do to keep the chest from being easily seen when they go into the village?
4. What does Moiraine say is wrong with Egwene?
5. What does Rand find when he gets to his room that he shares with Mat and Perrin in Chapter two?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Rand and the Warder discuss in Chapter one?
2. What does Selene continue to tell Rand about the Horn?
3. Describe Selene that Rand and the others meet in Chapter sixteen.
4. Describe how Rand and Loial take the Horn from Fain in Chapter nineteen.
5. What does Nynaeve face when she walks through the three arches?
6. What happens in Chapter six when Rand speaks the Dark One's name?
7. What happened to Egwene and Mat during the battle?
8. Explain how Perrin is able to help track Fain and the other Darkfriends after Hurin has disappeared in Chapter fourteen.
9. What is Egwene told in Chapter eleven when she tells one of the Aes Sedai that she has had dreams of Rand?
10. What happens in Chapter ten when Rand walks into an abandoned home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Describe the relationship that Moiraine has with Lan. How does it differ from the relationship Lan and Nynaeve have.
2) How much of Nynaeve's hatred of Moiraine stems from the feelings that Nynaeve has for Lan?
3) Moiraine feels that Nynaeve has placed cracks in Lan's wall. Do you feel that Lan is going to suffer because of his feelings and devotion to Nynaeve? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
1) Describe Mim's character. What was her purpose in the story.
2) Why did she seem to both like and dislike Rand at the same time.
3) Why did Mim talk to Egwene the way that she did when Egwene saw Mim laying beside Rand when he was hurt?
Essay Topic 3
1) Describe Mat's character. What role does he play in the story?
2) What is the significance of Mat's connection to the dagger?
3) Why is Mat so angry at being forced to play the servant for Rand?
This section contains 1,120 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)