|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rand find that Moiraine has packed for him?
2. What does Adeleas say about gentling the Dragon Reborn?
3. What does Rand pull out of the firebox that he used to use to earn his supper?
4. What does the Amyrlin say after she is grazed by an arrow in Chapter nine?
5. What does Moiraine tell Lan that she had done in case she should die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rand's encounter with Ba'alzamon in Chapter fifteen.
2. Describe the dream that Rand has in Chapter six.
3. What do Rand and the Warder discuss in Chapter one?
4. What happens in Chapter four when Moiraine enters to speak to the Amyrlin?
5. What is Egwene told in Chapter eleven when she tells one of the Aes Sedai that she has had dreams of Rand?
6. Describe Selene that Rand and the others meet in Chapter sixteen.
7. What does Rand find when he returns to his room in Chapter two?
8. What does Lan instruct Rand in while they are heading to see the Amyrlin?
9. Describe what is seen of Bayle Domon in the end of Chapter nine?
10. What happens in Chapter six when Rand speaks the Dark One's name?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Is there any indication that Verin, or any of the other Aes Sedai knew that Ing'tar was a Darkfriend?
2) If you had to describe the Aes Sedai and the way that they manipulate things what would you compare it to or how would you describe it and why?
3) Do you believe that Selene truly cares for Rand? Why did Selene seem to be insulted when Rand continued to ask if she was Aes Sedai? Would it have changed Rand's view of Selene if she had admitted to being Aes Sedai?
Essay Topic 2
1) Describe Mim's character. What was her purpose in the story.
2) Why did she seem to both like and dislike Rand at the same time.
3) Why did Mim talk to Egwene the way that she did when Egwene saw Mim laying beside Rand when he was hurt?
Essay Topic 3
1) Compare Rand and Ba'alzamon from what is seen of the two when they face each other in the story.
2) Is there any indication that Ba'alzamon was responsible for showing the battle between him and Rand in the sky? Explain your answer.
3) Did Ba'alzamon's defeat seem to be something that Ba'alzamon did not expect? Explain.
This section contains 1,226 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)