|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to the guards at the dungeon in chapter six?
2. What does the woman answer when she is asked what do they guard against in chapter two?
3. What does Moiraine empty from her pouch to show the Amyrlin?
4. What does the strange man that Egwene dreams about always wear?
5. What does Moiraine know that Nynaeve has done to Lan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Chapter four when Moiraine enters to speak to the Amyrlin?
2. What do Rand and the Warder discuss in Chapter one?
3. Describe what happens in Chapter eighteen when the Amyrlin comes to give Nynaeve and Egwene a lesson?
4. What happens in Chapter six when Rand speaks the Dark One's name?
5. What does Lan instruct Rand in while they are heading to see the Amyrlin?
6. What does Moiraine fear after talking to Lan in Chapter twenty-two?
7. Describe what happens in Chapter ten when the bodies of the two men, presumably guards, are found in the tree.
8. Describe the scene where Perrin goes in to see Mat in Chapter nine.
9. Describe Selene that Rand and the others meet in Chapter sixteen.
10. What differences have occurred in Mat and Perrin since they left their home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What does it signify that Ba'alzamon's face is always burned and that he has fire in his eyes?
2) What other ways could he be described but give the same perception to readers?
3) How closely linked are the fates of Ba'alzamon and Rand?
Essay Topic 2
1) Describe Perrin's character. What role does Perrin play in the story?
2) What does Perrin's connection with the wolves represent to the reader?
3) Why does Perrin not confide his secret in Mat or in Rand?
Essay Topic 3
1) What does the Horn represent? What else could have been used in place of the horn?
2) Is it significant that it was Mat that blew the Horn and not Rand?
3) Before reading that Mat blew the horn who would you have thought would be the character that would use it? Explain.
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)