|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Rand and the Warder hear that draws their attention in Chapter one?
(a) A rumbling in the heavens.
(b) A dragon's cry.
(d) A woman singing.
2. What does the woman answer when asked why they should watch?
(a) Why not?
(b) For the hope of humankind.
(c) To keep the light alive.
(d) To preserve the world.
3. What does Nynaeve do while trying to stir the wind in Chapter twelve?
(a) Sets some blankets on fire.
(b) Brings down rain.
(c) Starts snow.
(d) Causes a tornado.
4. What reason does Selene give for going through Rand's saddle bags?
(a) Looking for a clean shirt.
(b) She was hoping to find a spare daggar.
(c) She thought it was Loial's bags.
(d) Looking for something to eat.
5. What is on the new cloak that Rand receives in Chapter two?
(a) A lion with a man's face.
(b) A two headed snake.
(c) A dragon with a rider on his back.
(d) A serpent with four legs and a lion's mane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moiraine do for Rand after the attack on the castle in Chapter six?
2. What does the sniffer say that he smells while they are tracking the ones that took the horn?
3. What do they realize about the man that they find dead in the village with spikes in his eyes, sholders and hands?
4. What does Ba'alzamon say that the Aes Sedai want to do?
5. What does the Amyrlin Seat do that shocks the Keeper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rand find when he tries to leave the castle?
2. What happens in Chapter ten when Rand walks into an abandoned home?
3. Describe Selene that Rand and the others meet in Chapter sixteen.
4. Describe what happens when Rand first tries to use his powers on the stone to get him, Loial, and Hurin home?
5. Describe how Rand and Loial take the Horn from Fain in Chapter nineteen.
6. Describe Rand's encounter with Ba'alzamon in Chapter fifteen.
7. Describe the clothing that is made for Rand.
8. What differences have occurred in Mat and Perrin since they left their home?
9. Describe the scene where Perrin goes in to see Mat in Chapter nine.
10. What does Selene continue to tell Rand about the Horn?
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)