|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rand find telling stories in chapter twenty-five?
2. What does Nynaeve say she wished that Egwene and Elayne were?
(a) More afraid of the power.
(b) More kind to Logain.
(c) More focused on their tasks.
(d) Less afraid of the sisters.
3. Why does Verin say that she won't use her power to slow the rain in Chapter forty-one?
(a) It could destroy her.
(b) It could draw the attention of Ba'alzamon.
(c) Someone would know she had channeled.
(d) It created a backlash in the weather.
4. Who does Nynaeve decide will wear the collar and pretend to be the damane?
(d) The sul'dam they have captured.
5. What happens to the man that Mat slices with the dagger?
(a) He turns putrid black and dies.
(b) He has an infected paper cut.
(c) He bursts into flames.
(d) He turns to ash.
6. What do Turak's two servants do when Turak is killed?
(a) They begin to weep.
(b) They swear themselves to Rand's service.
(c) They kill themselves.
(d) They run away.
7. Why does Mim explain that she is wearing breeches and a man's shirt when the other three girls are dressed in fine dresses in chapter thirty-nine?
(a) She doesn't own a dress.
(b) She hasn't shaved her legs.
(c) She can pass for a servant.
(d) She is afraid she will have to fight.
8. What does Verin say is the reason that Rand has worked a Portal Stone more recently than her?
(a) She has never worked one.
(b) It has been nearly a hundred years.
(c) She hasn't worked one since she was a novice.
(d) She is banned from using them.
9. What does Loial say he will do while he takes first watch with the Horn in Chapter twenty-five?
(c) Sharpen his knife.
10. What does Arthur say that they must follow?
(a) The Aes Sedai.
(b) The Horn.
(c) The Dragon banner and the Dragon.
(d) The Light.
11. What is Rand given when he goes downstairs?
(a) A letter from Selene.
(b) A message from the Captain of the guard.
(c) Three invitations.
(d) A letter from Moiraine.
12. What is Thom's initial response when Rand tells him that they have the Horn?
(a) Thom laughs.
(b) Thom swears.
(c) Thom picks up a knife and tells Rand to get out.
(d) Thom begins to weap.
13. What does Zera tell Thom he should do after Rand has gone?
(a) Leave town.
(b) Stop pretending not to play the game.
(c) Go with Rand.
(d) Marry Dena.
14. How does Hurin's behavior change as is described in Chapter thirty?
(a) He is getting more attached to the trunk and the dagger.
(b) He becomes more formal toward Rand everyday.
(c) He gets more nervous.
(d) He starts distrusting Loial.
15. What does Domon decide he needs to do when he is questioned about the cuendillar he possessed?
(a) Tell the truth.
(b) Bribe his way out of it.
(d) Keep quiet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Renna promise Egwene when Egwene proves that she can find ores in the ground?
2. What does Rand answer when Mat asks where Ing'tar is?
3. What does Uno and the rest of Ing'tar's men do when Rand walks out of the tent?
4. What does Loial say will happen if it is discovered where he is from and that he has doesn't have permission from his elders to be with Rand's group?
5. What does Mim say she sees around Egwene, Elayne, and Nynaeve?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)