|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item was taken along with the dagger?
(a) The Aes Sedai book.
(b) The Amyrlin's staff.
(c) The horn.
(d) The King's crown.
2. What is unique about the blade that Mat carries?
(a) It was a gift from a dragon.
(b) It glows when evil approaches.
(c) It is tainted with evil.
(d) It holds the key to time.
3. What does Moiraine fear when she sees the Draghkar?
(a) His feet.
(b) His kiss.
(c) His claws.
(d) His teeth.
4. What is the reason that Selene gives for leaving Rand in the middle of the night while they are stayin at the Nine Rings?
(a) She has had trouble in this town.
(b) The soldiers frighten her.
(c) She is uneasy there.
(d) Too many people.
5. What does the Amyrlin say after she is grazed by an arrow in Chapter nine?
(a) She had expected this.
(b) She does not believe it was intended for her.
(c) She is outraged.
(d) She is used to assasins.
6. What do Rand and the Warder hear that draws their attention in Chapter one?
(a) A dragon's cry.
(b) A woman singing.
(d) A rumbling in the heavens.
7. What does Rand say is the reason that he came with Ing'tar and the others on the quest?
(a) To fight the Dark One.
(b) To find the horn.
(c) To help Mat.
(d) He isn't sure now.
8. What does Mat say about what an Aes Sedai says?
(a) She would sooner lie than help a man.
(b) It is never the truth you expect it to be.
(c) They are incapable of lying.
(d) They twist things to their own use.
9. What does the Amyrlin Seat say that they have done in order to get to Moiraine quickly?
(a) Called upon the spirits.
(b) Turn tides and manipulate the wind.
(c) Used all their power combined.
(d) Taken shipping vessels.
10. What does Loial say about the strange land that they are in after he has made the weapon?
(a) The land is glad to have had a weapon made.
(b) The land is dying.
(c) The land is angry to have had a weapon made.
(d) The land is sad.
11. What does Leane say to Perrin before he can leave the room where Mat is being held in Chapter seven?
(a) That Perrin has been touched by the Light.
(b) That Perrin has been touched by the Darkness.
(c) That Perrin's eyes aren't the ones he was born with.
(d) That Perrin has something trying to get out of him.
12. What does Ba'alzamon say that the Aes Sedai want to do?
(a) Use Rand like a hound on a leash.
(b) Kill Rand.
(c) Have Rand serve them with his power.
(d) Banish Rand's soul.
13. What effect does the work on Mat have that is done by the Aes Sedai in Chapter seven?
(a) It severed him from the dagger completely.
(b) It allows them to control him completely.
(c) It will kill him more quickly.
(d) It will allow him to live a few months at the most.
14. What is Nynaeve told she will have to face when going through the arches?
(a) Her past mistakes.
(b) Her deepest fears.
(c) The Dark One.
(d) The possibility of her own death.
15. Who is the man that Egwene and Elayne see in the hallway?
(b) A thief.
(c) The shadow of Fain.
(d) A Darkfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liandrin tell Amalisa there is in the castle?
2. What happens after Nynaeve and Lan talk outside of Nynaeve's tent in Chapter fourteen?
3. What does Rand hope that leaving his sword arm free will convey?
4. What does Moiraine say is wrong with Egwene?
5. What does Rand ask Egwene to promise him in the end of Chapter eight?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)