|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the maidservant say happened when she dropped the oil lamp?
(a) She had a pain in her arm.
(b) She suddenly felt dizzy.
(c) She tripped over a broom.
(d) She thought she saw a rat.
2. What has been done to the two men that had been on guard at Fain's cell?
(a) They were skinned alive.
(b) Their teeth were pulled out and their bellies ripped open.
(c) They were burned alive.
(d) Dark magic was used on them.
3. What does Rand do to keep the chest from being easily seen when they go into the village?
(a) Scorches it with coals fromthe fire.
(b) Smears it with mud.
(c) Cuts small notches in the chest.
(d) Cover it with Loial's blanket.
4. What reason does Rand believe that the Amyrlin Seat has come in chapter one?
(a) Because of him.
(b) There must be a dragon attacking the Aes Sedai.
(c) To start a war.
(d) To negotiate a peace treaty.
5. What does Nynaeve tell Egwene she should stop calling her in Chapter eight?
6. What is Rand told when he tries to have a horse saddled?
(a) It has been ordered that no one may leave for any purpose.
(b) Rand has been stripped of his right to leave.
(c) There is a charge.
(d) Rand's hose has been taken.
7. What does Rand say is the reason that he came with Ing'tar and the others on the quest?
(a) He isn't sure now.
(b) To fight the Dark One.
(c) To help Mat.
(d) To find the horn.
8. What do Ing'tar's men find when they enter a village that the Trollocs and the Darkfriends went through?
(a) The only people left have gone insane.
(b) Everyone is gone.
(c) The people have all been murdered.
(d) The town is burned to the ground.
9. What does Hurin say he can smell when they wake in the strange dream-like land?
(b) Aes Sedai.
(d) The Darkfriends.
10. What does the Amyrlin tell Rand that he is?
(a) A useless man.
(b) The Dragon Reborn.
(c) A pawn being used by both the Light and the Dark.
(d) A false dragon.
11. What does Masema do to Rand while serving supper the first night they are camping?
(a) Purposely spills the hot stew on Rand.
(b) Pours Rand's meal on the ground.
(c) Refuses to serve Rand.
(d) Throws a bowl full in Rand's face.
12. What do Moiraine's eyes look like when she is angry?
13. What does Rand pull out of the firebox that is under the bed?
(a) A small coin purse.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A gleeman's cloak.
(d) A black cloak.
14. Who rides up on Ing'tar and his men in Chapter fourteen?
15. What does Mat say about what an Aes Sedai says?
(a) They are incapable of lying.
(b) They twist things to their own use.
(c) She would sooner lie than help a man.
(d) It is never the truth you expect it to be.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does the work on Mat have that is done by the Aes Sedai in Chapter seven?
2. What does Ing'tar say is the reason that they should not tell anyone else about Perrin's ability to talk to the wolves?
3. What does Moiraine tell Lan that she had done in case she should die?
4. What does Ba'alzamon say that the Aes Sedai want to do?
5. What does Nynaeve do while trying to stir the wind in Chapter twelve?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)