|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nick say to Gatsby about Daisy, Tom, and all their friends?
(a) They are trustworthy friends.
(b) They are a rotten crowd.
(c) They mean well.
(d) They are beautiful people.
2. What does Gatsby say when Tom confronts him about Daisy?
(a) Daisy always loved Tom.
(b) Daisy wants to live alone.
(c) Daisy loves Gatsby.
(d) Daisy loves Nick.
3. Where is Gatsby when he receives Daisy’s letter informing him of her relationship with Tom?
(c) Long Island Sound.
(d) Dan Cody’s boat.
4. Why does Wilson need money?
(a) So he and his wife can go west.
(b) So he can buy a new car.
(c) So he can buy his wife a present.
(d) So he can leave his wife.
5. What does Wilson find out about the yellow car that hit Myrtle?
(a) It belongs to Tom.
(b) It belongs to Gatsby.
(c) It belongs to Daisy.
(d) It belongs to Jordan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom hear Daisy telling Gatsby?
2. What does Michaelis find when he goes to Wilson’s garage four hours after dawn?
3. What is Wilson doing in his garage after his wife’s death?
4. How does Daisy greet Nick when she arrives in her car?
5. What did Gatsby learn from living with Cody for five years?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Wilson want to buy Tom’s car?
2. What does Gatsby discover about Daisy when he returns home from Oxford?
3. Why does Jay Gatsby decide to tell Nick about how Gatsby and Daisy fell in love?
4. Why does Nick tell Gatsby that he is being rude during the tea with Daisy?
5. How did Dan Cody thank Gatsby for warning him about the storm?
6. What becomes of Gatsby and Mr. Wilson at the end of Chapter 8?
7. As time passes while Gatsby is attending Oxford, what does Daisy do?
8. When Nick arrives at Gatsby’s Saturday night party in Chapter 6, how does he describe the atmosphere?
9. Why is Tom feeling panicked as he and Nick drive away from Wilson’s garage in Chapter 7?
10. What happened to Gatsby’s mind the first time he kissed Daisy?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)