|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wilson doing in his garage after his wife’s death?
(a) Packing her clothes.
(b) Sitting and rocking.
(c) Pacing the floor.
(d) Throwing his tools around.
2. How long did it take Gatsby to earn enough money to buy his mansion?
(a) Five months
(b) Three years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Three months.
3. What does Gatsby say to Nick at two minutes to four?
(a) He would like some brandy.
(b) He is hungry.
(c) He is going home.
(d) He is bored.
4. What does Nick imagine Gatsby’s reaction is to not receiving a message from Daisy?
(b) He lived too long with one dream.
(c) Indifference .
5. Where were the first places Cody and Gatsby sailed to after Gatsby was hired by Cody?
(a) West Indies and the Barbary Coast.
(b) Hawaii and Alaska.
(c) California and Alaska.
(d) Africa and Asia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Tom and Daisy when Gatsby returns to her home?
2. How did Dan Cody become wealthy?
3. What is Tom’s reaction to Gatsby’s revelation about his relationship with Daisy?
4. Where did Gatsby live as a boy?
5. What does Tom find out about Gatsby’s drugstores in Chicago?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nick think Gatsby is trying to do by trying to recover the past?
2. How did Dan Cody thank Gatsby for warning him about the storm?
3. What is Gatsby’s explanation about going to Oxford when Tom questions him about it?
4. Why is Gatsby in a hurry to get home to New York while he is at Oxford?
5. Why does Daisy’s voice entrance Gatsby?
6. When Nick arrives at Gatsby’s Saturday night party in Chapter 6, how does he describe the atmosphere?
7. What is the significance of the green light at the end of Daisy’s dock?
8. How does Mrs. Wilson get hit by Gatsby’s car and killed?
9. What happened to Gatsby’s mind the first time he kissed Daisy?
10. When Nick returns to his house after meeting with Jordan, why does he think his house is on fire?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)