|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What represented beauty and glamour to Gatsby when he was 17-years-old?
(a) His mother.
(b) Rich women.
(d) Cody’s yacht.
2. Who stays with Mr. Wilson until dawn after his wife’s death?
3. What car does Tom want to drive when they all leave the tea party?
(a) Tom’s coupe.
(b) Jordan’s car.
(c) Gatsby’s car.
(d) Nick’s car.
4. What is the first thing Daisy does when Tom leaves the room to make drinks?
(a) Flops on the couch.
(b) Kisses Nick.
(c) Kisses Gatsby.
(d) Argues with Nick.
5. Why does Nick go over to Gatsby’s house on Saturday night to check on him?
(a) Gatsby’s house is in darkness.
(b) Gatsby’s maid calls Nick on the phone.
(c) Nick hears screaming.
(d) Nick does not see Gatsby in the yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gatsby do when he realizes that Nick does not make much money?
2. What does Nick say to Gatsby about Daisy, Tom, and all their friends?
3. Why does Wilson need money?
4. What does Nick realize he must do when he hears a taxi arrive at Gatsby’s at dawn?
5. How does Gatsby meet Dan Cody?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Gatsby change his name from James Gatz to Jay Gatsby, and what event causes the name change?
2. The morning after Mrs. Wilson’s death, why does Nick jump out of bed and go over to Gatsby’s when he hears a taxi pull into Gatsby’s driveway?
3. What becomes of Gatsby and Mr. Wilson at the end of Chapter 8?
4. When Nick arrives at Gatsby’s Saturday night party in Chapter 6, how does he describe the atmosphere?
5. What does Nick say to Gatsby as he is leaving him for the last time?
6. How did Dan Cody thank Gatsby for warning him about the storm?
7. What does Nick think Gatsby is trying to do by trying to recover the past?
8. Why does Daisy begin crying when Gatsby shows her all his colorful shirts?
9. As time passes while Gatsby is attending Oxford, what does Daisy do?
10. Why does Jay Gatsby decide to tell Nick about how Gatsby and Daisy fell in love?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)