|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gatsby say to Nick at two minutes to four?
(a) He would like some brandy.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He is hungry.
(d) He is going home.
2. Whom does Gatsby call to play the piano for Daisy and Nick?
(a) Dan Cody.
(b) Ewing Klipspringer.
(c) Jordan Baker.
(d) Meyer Wolfsheim.
3. Who is driving the car that kills Mrs. Wilson?
4. What does Gatsby say about Daisy’s voice?
(a) It is shrill.
(b) It is full of money
(c) It is soothing.
(d) It is like a whisper.
5. What does Nick discover when he rushes to Gatsby’s house?
(a) Gatsby and Jordan are dead.
(b) Gatsby and Tom are dead.
(c) Gatsby and Wilson are dead.
(d) Gatsby and his butler are dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daisy greet Nick when she arrives in her car?
2. What does Gatsby want Daisy to tell Tom?
3. What is the first thing Daisy does when Tom leaves the room to make drinks?
4. What were two of Gatsby’s jobs after he left his parent’s home?
5. Why does Wilson need money?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jay Gatsby decide to tell Nick about how Gatsby and Daisy fell in love?
2. When Daisy, Tom, Jordan, Gatsby and Nick go to the Plaza Hotel after Daisy’s tea party, what confrontation takes place between Gatsby and Tom?
3. What happened to Gatsby’s mind the first time he kissed Daisy?
4. What does Nick say to Gatsby as he is leaving him for the last time?
5. When Gatsby tells Nick that Daisy does not understand him the way she used to, what is Nick’s reply?
6. How does Mrs. Wilson get hit by Gatsby’s car and killed?
7. What does Daisy do during her tea party after she sends Tom out of the room to make drinks?
8. Why does Daisy’s voice entrance Gatsby?
9. What becomes of Gatsby and Mr. Wilson at the end of Chapter 8?
10. What is Gatsby’s reply when Daisy asks him how he lives in such a large house all alone?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)