|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wilson doing in his garage after his wife’s death?
(a) Pacing the floor.
(b) Throwing his tools around.
(c) Packing her clothes.
(d) Sitting and rocking.
2. What is the weather like on the day of Daisy’s luncheon?
(a) Sunny and mild.
(b) Extremely hot.
3. Where were the first places Cody and Gatsby sailed to after Gatsby was hired by Cody?
(a) California and Alaska.
(b) Hawaii and Alaska.
(c) Africa and Asia.
(d) West Indies and the Barbary Coast.
4. How did Gatsby picture himself when he is 17-years old?
(a) As the Son of God.
(b) An ignorant loser.
(c) Destined for poverty.
(d) A successful farmer.
5. What is Daisy’s emotional state when Nick comes back into the room?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gatsby’s reaction when he looks at Pammy?
2. What is Gatsby’s reaction to the afternoon tea with Daisy?
3. What represented beauty and glamour to Gatsby when he was 17-years-old?
4. What does Gatsby say about Daisy’s voice?
5. What does Nick say to Gatsby about Daisy, Tom, and all their friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. As time passes while Gatsby is attending Oxford, what does Daisy do?
2. Why does Daisy’s voice entrance Gatsby?
3. What happened to Gatsby’s mind the first time he kissed Daisy?
4. In Chapter 7, why does Nick go over to Gatsby’s mansion to see if Gatsby is sick?
5. What are the three stages of emotion Gatsby experiences on the night he meets Daisy again for the first time?
6. When Daisy, Tom, Jordan, Gatsby and Nick go to the Plaza Hotel after Daisy’s tea party, what confrontation takes place between Gatsby and Tom?
7. Why does Mr. Wilson want to buy Tom’s car?
8. Why is Gatsby in a hurry to get home to New York while he is at Oxford?
9. How did Dan Cody thank Gatsby for warning him about the storm?
10. Why does Jay Gatsby decide to tell Nick about how Gatsby and Daisy fell in love?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)