|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Mr. Wilson?
2. What are Mr. Wolfsheim’s cufflinks made of?
(a) Shark’s teeth.
(b) Whale’s bone.
(c) Human molars.
(d) Walrus tusks.
3. What view does the narrator have from his new home?
(a) An elementary school and a bus stop.
(b) City lights and traffic.
(c) The water, his neighbor’s lawn and the mansions of millionaires.
(d) A wharf with fishing boats coming and going.
4. What is the condition of the narrator’s house?
(a) An eyesore.
(b) Newly painted with a landscaped yard.
(c) Well maintained.
(d) Brand new.
5. Where does Nick first meet Tom’s girlfriend?
(a) George Wilson’s car repair shop.
(b) Miss Baker’s tournament.
(c) New York City.
(d) Daisy’s dinner party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom Buchanan’s view of racial equality?
2. How does the narrator describe his cousin’s face?
3. What is Myrtle’s opinion of her servants?
4. What do the two girls in yellow say to Jordan when they see her at Gatsby’s party?
5. What tumultuous event happens not far from Gatsby’s mansion after the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Tom’s views on minority races?
2. What does Catherine, Mrs. Wilson’s sister, tell Nick about Gatsby?
3. What does the man with the owl eyes reveal to Nick and Jordan when they meet him in Gatsby’s library?
4. What is Tom’s reaction when Myrtle defies his command not to mention Daisy’s name?
5. What does the narrator, Nick Carraway, reveal in the first chapter about how he judges other people?
6. What are three of the stories Nick hears about Gatsby’s past while he is at Gatsby’s mansion?
7. Describe why Nick likes life in New York.
8. What does Gatsby tell Nick about his life as they drive to lunch?
9. How did Nick first meet Tom’s mistress, Myrtle Wilson?
10. How does Nick describe the Valley of Ashes?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)