|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Myrtle invite up to the apartment while Nick is visiting?
(a) Her sister Catherine and Mr. and Mrs. McKee.
(c) Mrs. Eberhardt.
(d) George Wilson.
2. How does Nick feel as he walks among the affluent guests at Gatsby’s mansion?
(a) Right at home.
(b) Annoyed at the visiting Englishmen.
(c) Ill at ease.
3. What gossip does Miss Baker share with Nick when Daisy leaves the room?
(a) Tom lost his job.
(b) Tom has a mistress in New York.
(c) Daisy is pregnant.
(d) Daisy has a boyfriend in New York.
4. What is Daisy’s condition the day before her wedding?
5. What is the name of the young soldier Daisy dated in 1917?
(a) Nick Carraway.
(b) Cecil Roebuck.
(c) Tom Buchanan.
(d) Jay Gatsby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nick decide not to call out to Gatsby when he sees him standing outside?
2. Who is Jordan’s escort to Gatsby’s party?
3. What is the condition of the narrator’s house?
4. What is Tom’s response when Nick asks if Mr. Wilson objects to Tom seeing Mrs. Wilson?
5. Why does Gatsby buy his mansion on the bay?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Gatsby buy his house in West Egg?
2. What does Jordan Baker say about the phone call Tom receives during dinner?
3. Where did Nick Carraway attend college and what profession does he plan to pursue?
4. How did Nick first meet Tom’s mistress, Myrtle Wilson?
5. What fascinates Nick on summer nights as he looks across at Gatsby’s mansion?
6. How does Nick describe Gatsby’s manner when he picks Nick up for lunch in his splendid car?
7. Describe why Nick likes life in New York.
8. What is Catherine’s opinion of Tom’s and Myrtle’s marriages?
9. What is Daisy’s emotional and physical condition on the day she married Tom Buchanan?
10. What does Catherine, Mrs. Wilson’s sister, tell Nick about Gatsby?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)