|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gatsby amuse himself as he waits for Daisy’s call?
(a) Takes a nap.
(b) Takes a walk around his estate.
(c) Goes for a swim in the pool.
(d) Goes sailing.
2. What is Gatsby’s reaction to the afternoon tea with Daisy?
(a) It is just as he imagined.
(b) It is boring.
(c) It is perfect.
(d) It is a terrible mistake.
3. What does Nick realize he must do when he hears a taxi arrive at Gatsby’s at dawn?
(a) Give him a warning.
(b) Go to Gatsby’s for breakfast.
(c) Meet Gatsby at Daisy’s house.
(d) Give him a message from Daisy.
4. How does Gatsby meet Dan Cody?
(a) Gatsby rows out to Cody’s yacht.
(b) Nick’s home.
(c) At one of Gatsby’s dinner parties.
(d) The theatre.
5. What does Gatsby say about Daisy’s voice?
(a) It is full of money
(b) It is shrill.
(c) It is like a whisper.
(d) It is soothing.
6. What request does Nick make of Daisy when he asks her to tea?
(a) Bring Jordan.
(b) Do not bring Tom.
(c) Bring Tom.
(d) Do not bring Jordan.
7. What does Gatsby say when Tom confronts him about Daisy?
(a) Daisy wants to live alone.
(b) Daisy loves Nick.
(c) Daisy always loved Tom.
(d) Daisy loves Gatsby.
8. How long does Mr. Wilson plan on keeping his wife locked up above his car repair business?
(a) Until they move away.
(b) Until he calms down.
(c) Until she begs for his forgiveness.
(d) Until she promises not to see Tom anymore.
9. How does Gatsby look when he arrives at Nick’s for tea?
(a) Sun tanned and healthy.
(b) Pale but energetic.
(c) Energetic and well-rested.
(d) Pale and tired.
10. Who is driving the car that kills Mrs. Wilson?
11. Where is Gatsby when he receives Daisy’s letter informing him of her relationship with Tom?
(a) Dan Cody’s boat.
(c) Long Island Sound.
12. How long did Gatsby attend the Lutheran college of St. Olaf’s in Minnesota?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Four years.
13. How long did it take Gatsby to earn enough money to buy his mansion?
(a) Five months
(b) Ten years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Three months.
14. Where does Nick wait while Gatsby and Daisy talk?
(a) In his car.
(b) In the rain, under a tree.
(c) Gatsby’s house.
(d) In the kitchen.
15. Where were the first places Cody and Gatsby sailed to after Gatsby was hired by Cody?
(a) Hawaii and Alaska.
(b) West Indies and the Barbary Coast.
(c) Africa and Asia.
(d) California and Alaska.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gatsby fire all his servants?
2. What is one of the last things Mr. Wilson says to Myrtle?
3. After Cody hired Gatsby, how many times did they sail around the continent?
4. What does Nick tell Gatsby about his behavior at tea?
5. What did Gatsby learn from living with Cody for five years?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)