|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Gatsby call to play the piano for Daisy and Nick?
(a) Jordan Baker.
(b) Meyer Wolfsheim.
(c) Dan Cody.
(d) Ewing Klipspringer.
2. What does Nick see as he looks through Daisy and Tom’s window?
(a) They are arguing.
(b) They are intimately holding hands.
(c) They are dancing.
(d) They are sitting at opposite sides of the room.
3. How does Gatsby amuse himself as he waits for Daisy’s call?
(a) Takes a walk around his estate.
(b) Goes sailing.
(c) Takes a nap.
(d) Goes for a swim in the pool.
4. What does Nick tell Gatsby when Gatsby talks about his past with Daisy?
(a) You cannot repeat the past.
(b) You will get Daisy back again.
(c) Daisy will leave Tom for you.
(d) You and Daisy will bring the past back to life.
5. Who does Gatsby want to talk about as he and Nick sit in the dark smoking cigarettes?
(b) Mrs. Wilson.
(d) Mr. Wilson.
6. How does Gatsby look when he arrives at Nick’s for tea?
(a) Pale but energetic.
(b) Pale and tired.
(c) Energetic and well-rested.
(d) Sun tanned and healthy.
7. What car does Tom want to drive when they all leave the tea party?
(a) Tom’s coupe.
(b) Gatsby’s car.
(c) Nick’s car.
(d) Jordan’s car.
8. What type of people were Gatsby’s parents?
(a) Lazy and poor fishermen.
(b) Shiftless and unsuccessful farmers.
(c) Dependable and successful farmers.
(d) Poor but hard working farmers.
9. What is Wilson doing in his garage after his wife’s death?
(a) Sitting and rocking.
(b) Pacing the floor.
(c) Throwing his tools around.
(d) Packing her clothes.
10. What does Nick imagine Gatsby’s reaction is to not receiving a message from Daisy?
(a) He lived too long with one dream.
(b) Indifference .
11. What does Nick realize he must do when he hears a taxi arrive at Gatsby’s at dawn?
(a) Meet Gatsby at Daisy’s house.
(b) Give him a warning.
(c) Give him a message from Daisy.
(d) Go to Gatsby’s for breakfast.
12. How has Gatsby’s life been during the years he has been away from Daisy?
(a) Confused and disordered.
(b) Affluent and ordered.
(c) Carefree and exhilarating.
(d) Lucid and ordered.
13. Why does Tom feel panicked when he leaves Wilson’s garage?
(a) He cannot steer the car.
(b) He thinks he is losing both his wife and mistress.
(c) He thinks Daisy is in love with Nick.
(d) He realizes he loves Jordan.
14. How long does Mr. Wilson plan on keeping his wife locked up above his car repair business?
(a) Until he calms down.
(b) Until she begs for his forgiveness.
(c) Until they move away.
(d) Until she promises not to see Tom anymore.
15. Why does Daisy begin to cry as Gatsby shows her his many shirts?
(a) She has never seen such an array of beautiful shirts.
(b) She is angry at his affluence.
(c) She is jealous of his huge wardrobe.
(d) She feels sorry for herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stays with Mr. Wilson until dawn after his wife’s death?
2. Who arrives on horseback to Gatsby’s house on a Sunday afternoon while Nick is visiting?
3. What represented beauty and glamour to Gatsby when he was 17-years-old?
4. What were two of Gatsby’s jobs after he left his parent’s home?
5. What does Nick say to Gatsby about Daisy, Tom, and all their friends?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)