1. What does the narrator, Nick Carraway, reveal in the first chapter about how he judges other people?
The narrator reserves all his judgment of others, following his father’s advice that not everyone has had the narrator’s advantages.
2. Where did Nick Carraway attend college and what profession does he plan to pursue?
Nick Carraway graduates from Yale and plans to study the bond business.
3. Where does Nick Carraway move to when he finds a job in his chosen profession?
Nick Carraway moves to West Egg on Long Island Sound, New York.
4. How does Nick Carraway know Daisy and Tom Buchanan?
Nick Carraway knows Tom Buchanan from college where Tom was a star football player. Daisy Buchanan is Nick’s cousin.
5. What are Tom’s views on minority races?
Tom believes that the whites are the dominant race and have to keep colored people in their place.
This section contains 2,200 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)