|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom find out about Gatsby’s drugstores in Chicago?
(a) He bootlegged grain alcohol from them.
(b) They were a front for illegal gambling.
(c) They were making a fortune.
(d) They were bankrupt.
2. What brings Nick to Mr. Gatsby’s mansion for the first time?
(a) The chauffeur hands Nick a handwritten invitation.
(b) Nick receives and invitation in the mail.
(c) Mr. Gatsby comes to Nick’s door to invite him.
(d) One of Mr. Gatsby’s maids delivers an invitation.
3. What advice does Wolfsheim give to Nick?
(a) Always attend a friend’s funeral
(b) Do not waste your time at funerals.
(c) Show appreciation for a man when he is alive.
(d) Never get too close to anyone.
4. What is one of the last things Mr. Wilson says to Myrtle?
(a) I am leaving you.
(b) You are the love of my life.
(c) You are my best friend.
(d) You can fool me but not God.
5. What did Gatsby learn from living with Cody for five years?
(a) Party and drink hard.
(b) Legal terms.
(c) Drink little.
(d) Trust Ella Kaye.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine tell the police about her sister Myrtle?
2. What is Tom Buchanan’s view of racial equality?
3. How does the narrator describe his cousin’s face?
4. How does Gatsby meet Dan Cody?
5. What does Nick think the young Englishmen at Gatsby’s party are selling?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)