|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gatsby’s reaction when he looks at Pammy?
2. How has Gatsby’s life been during the years he has been away from Daisy?
(a) Carefree and exhilarating.
(b) Affluent and ordered.
(c) Lucid and ordered.
(d) Confused and disordered.
3. How do Tom and Mrs. Wilson remain discreet on the train to New York?
(a) They sit across the aisle from one another.
(b) Mrs. Wilson sits with Nick.
(c) Mrs. Wilson sits behind Tom.
(d) They sit in different cars.
4. Which previous acquaintance does Nick meet as he searches the mansion for Gatsby?
(c) Jordan Baker.
5. What quality does the narrator give to Gatsby as he describes the man?
(a) Something sinister about him.
(b) Something ethereal about him.
(c) Something gorgeous about him.
(d) Something evil about him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Myrtle’s sister?
2. What is Tom Buchanan’s view of racial equality?
3. When Lucille tears her dress at one of Gatsby’s parties, what does he do?
4. Where does the narrator rent a house when he goes east?
5. What object does Nick remind Daisy of?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)