|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gossip does Miss Baker share with Nick when Daisy leaves the room?
(a) Daisy has a boyfriend in New York.
(b) Tom has a mistress in New York.
(c) Tom lost his job.
(d) Daisy is pregnant.
2. What is Daisy’s reaction when she hears that she gave birth to a little girl?
(a) She says that she knows her baby will grow up to be brilliant.
(b) She cries and says that she hopes her baby grows up to be a fool.
(c) She says it is the happiest day of her life.
(d) She claps her hands with joy.
3. Why does Gatsby buy his mansion on the bay?
(a) He loves the sea.
(b) So he can sail.
(c) To watch the fishermen.
(d) To be across from Daisy.
4. Which previous acquaintance does Nick meet as he searches the mansion for Gatsby?
(b) Jordan Baker.
5. What is the name of the young soldier Daisy dated in 1917?
(a) Nick Carraway.
(b) Jay Gatsby.
(c) Cecil Roebuck.
(d) Tom Buchanan.
Short Answer Questions
1. While talking to Nick, what does Gatsby reveal about his family?
2. What does Gatsby tell Nick about his time in the war?
3. What does Gatsby invite Nick to do on the morning after the party?
4. When the narrator returns from the East, what does he hope not to see again?
5. When Lucille tears her dress at one of Gatsby’s parties, what does he do?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)