|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What quality does the narrator give to Gatsby as he describes the man?
(a) Something evil about him.
(b) Something ethereal about him.
(c) Something gorgeous about him.
(d) Something sinister about him.
2. What does Nick call the desolate area where the road meets the railroad and is located between West Egg and New York?
(a) Land of ash.
(b) Gray gardens.
(c) Valley of ashes.
(d) Valley of sadness.
3. Why does Tom slap Mrs. Wilson, breaking her nose?
(a) She says that he is not a gentleman.
(b) She insults his career.
(c) She insults his career.
(d) She mentions Daisy’s name.
4. What does Myrtle Wilson buy from an old man as she waits in a taxicab in New York City?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A bouquet of roses.
(c) The daily newspaper.
(d) A roasted chestnut.
5. How do Tom’s acquaintances feel about him bringing a mistress to popular restaurants?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Nick finds out Miss Baker’s name is Jordan, where does he remember seeing her before?
2. What is Daisy’s condition the day before her wedding?
3. Which previous acquaintance does Nick meet as he searches the mansion for Gatsby?
4. How does Nick describe Mrs. McKee?
5. When Lucille tears her dress at one of Gatsby’s parties, what does he do?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)