|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator rent a house when he goes east?
(a) Upper Manhattan.
(b) East Egg.
(c) New York City.
(d) Long Island Sound.
2. What is Tom Buchanan’s view of racial equality?
(a) All races are equal.
(b) The inferior races are Nordic.
(c) Civilizations would thrive if all the races worked together as brothers.
(d) If the dominant white race does not remain alert, the inferior races will take over.
3. What is one of the rumors about Gatsby that his guests talk about?
(a) He had a nervous breakdown.
(b) He once killed someone.
(c) He dislikes children.
(d) He has a secret wife.
4. What quality does the narrator give to Gatsby as he describes the man?
(a) Something gorgeous about him.
(b) Something evil about him.
(c) Something ethereal about him.
(d) Something sinister about him.
5. What view does the narrator have from his new home?
(a) An elementary school and a bus stop.
(b) A wharf with fishing boats coming and going.
(c) The water, his neighbor’s lawn and the mansions of millionaires.
(d) City lights and traffic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mr. McKee take the two photographs displayed in the downstairs apartment?
2. Why does Gatsby buy his mansion on the bay?
3. How does Nick describe Mrs. McKee?
4. What career does the narrator decide to pursue after he returns from the Great War?
5. What brings Nick to Mr. Gatsby’s mansion for the first time?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)