|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gatsby doing the first time Nick sees him?
(a) Driving his sports car.
(b) Strolling arm-in-arm with a young lady.
(c) Looking up at the stars and trembling.
(d) Drinking brandy on his front lawn.
2. What do the two girls in yellow say to Jordan when they see her at Gatsby’s party?
(a) They congratulate her for winning the golf tournament.
(b) They tell her that she looks stunning.
(c) They ask her to introduce them to Nick.
(d) They say that they are sorry she did not win her golf tournament.
3. How does Nick describe Mrs. McKee?
(a) Silent and creepy.
(b) Shrill and horrible.
(c) Quiet and comely.
(d) Loud and manly.
4. How does Nick feel when he senses Daisy’s insincerity and sees the smirk on her face?
5. When the narrator returns from the East, what does he hope not to see again?
(a) The sea.
(b) Glimpses into the human heart.
(c) City lights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Myrtle invite up to the apartment while Nick is visiting?
2. What is Mrs. Wilson’s reaction when Mrs. McKee compliments her dress?
3. Where does the narrator rent a house when he goes east?
4. What does Lucille reveal about the man she almost married?
5. Who is Jordan’s escort to Gatsby’s party?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)