|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nick feel as he walks among the affluent guests at Gatsby’s mansion?
(a) Annoyed at the visiting Englishmen.
(b) Right at home.
(d) Ill at ease.
2. Where does a call for Gatsby come from while he is talking with Nick?
3. When the narrator returns from the East, what does he hope not to see again?
(a) Glimpses into the human heart.
(c) The sea.
(d) City lights.
4. When Lucille tears her dress at one of Gatsby’s parties, what does he do?
(a) Tells her she is to blame.
(b) Gives her his sweater to wear.
(c) Buys her a new dress.
(d) Tells her he is not responsible.
5. What arrives from New York to Gatsby’s house every Friday?
(a) Five crates of apples and pears.
(b) Five crates of oranges and lemons.
(c) Five crates of bananas and oranges.
(d) Five crates of bananas and limes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of house do the narrator’s old friends live in?
2. What is the condition of the narrator’s house?
3. What does Nick call the desolate area where the road meets the railroad and is located between West Egg and New York?
4. Where does the narrator rent a house when he goes east?
5. What is Gatsby doing the first time Nick sees him?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)