|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucille reveal about the man she almost married?
(a) He would have been a good husband.
(b) He is below her.
(c) He is too good for her.
(d) He is wealthy and educated.
2. What is Daisy’s reaction when she hears that she gave birth to a little girl?
(a) She claps her hands with joy.
(b) She cries and says that she hopes her baby grows up to be a fool.
(c) She says it is the happiest day of her life.
(d) She says that she knows her baby will grow up to be brilliant.
3. What is Mrs. Wilson’s reaction when Mrs. McKee compliments her dress?
4. What does Nick call the desolate area where the road meets the railroad and is located between West Egg and New York?
(a) Valley of ashes.
(b) Gray gardens.
(c) Land of ash.
(d) Valley of sadness.
5. What lie does Catherine tell about Daisy?
(a) She is a thief.
(b) She was married before.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is a Catholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What view does the narrator have from his new home?
2. What gossip does Miss Baker share with Nick when Daisy leaves the room?
3. Why does Nick decide not to call out to Gatsby when he sees him standing outside?
4. What type of house do the narrator’s old friends live in?
5. How does Nick describe Mrs. McKee?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)