|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Myrtle invite up to the apartment while Nick is visiting?
(a) Mrs. Eberhardt.
(b) Her sister Catherine and Mr. and Mrs. McKee.
(d) George Wilson.
2. What object does Nick remind Daisy of?
(a) Petrified wood.
(c) Granite slab.
(d) A rose.
3. What advice did the narrator’s father give him when he was a child that he still remembers as an adult?
(a) Criticize people that do not live up to your expectations.
(b) Only criticize people who are below your station in life.
(c) Think before criticizing people because many have not had the advantages you have.
(d) Always criticize people who make ignorant comments.
4. What is Tom’s response when Nick asks if Mr. Wilson objects to Tom seeing Mrs. Wilson?
(a) Her husband does not care what she does.
(b) Her husband has his own mistress.
(c) Her husband is too dumb to even know she is alive.
(d) Her husband has an open mind.
5. Where did Mr. McKee take the two photographs displayed in the downstairs apartment?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) New York City.
(c) Long Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What career does the narrator decide to pursue after he returns from the Great War?
2. Why does Tom slap Mrs. Wilson, breaking her nose?
3. What gossip does Miss Baker share with Nick when Daisy leaves the room?
4. Which of the following best describes Myrtle’s sister?
5. Whom does the narrator visit at the beginning of his first summer in his new residence?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)