|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe his cousin’s face?
(a) Sad and lovely.
(c) Happy and bright.
(d) Aged and lonely.
2. When the narrator returns from the East, what does he hope not to see again?
(a) Glimpses into the human heart.
(b) City lights.
(d) The sea.
3. What type of house do the narrator’s old friends live in?
(b) Shotgun style.
(c) Georgian Colonial mansion.
(d) Victorian mansion.
4. How does the narrator describe Tom Buchanan’s body?
(a) A cruel body.
5. What quality does the narrator give to Gatsby as he describes the man?
(a) Something sinister about him.
(b) Something ethereal about him.
(c) Something evil about him.
(d) Something gorgeous about him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice did the narrator’s father give him when he was a child that he still remembers as an adult?
2. What is Gatsby doing the first time Nick sees him?
3. What does Lucille reveal about the man she almost married?
4. Whom does Myrtle invite up to the apartment while Nick is visiting?
5. What view does the narrator have from his new home?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)