|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice did the narrator’s father give him when he was a child that he still remembers as an adult?
(a) Think before criticizing people because many have not had the advantages you have.
(b) Only criticize people who are below your station in life.
(c) Criticize people that do not live up to your expectations.
(d) Always criticize people who make ignorant comments.
2. How do Tom’s acquaintances feel about him bringing a mistress to popular restaurants?
3. How does the narrator describe his cousin’s face?
(b) Aged and lonely.
(c) Sad and lovely.
(d) Happy and bright.
4. What is the condition of the narrator’s house?
(a) Newly painted with a landscaped yard.
(b) Brand new.
(c) Well maintained.
(d) An eyesore.
5. How does the narrator describe Tom Buchanan’s body?
(a) A cruel body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Mr. Wilson?
2. How do Tom and Mrs. Wilson remain discreet on the train to New York?
3. Who is the slender young woman with the charming face that emanates discontent whom Nick meets at dinner with the Buchanan’s?
4. Whom does the narrator visit at the beginning of his first summer in his new residence?
5. What quality does the narrator give to Gatsby as he describes the man?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)