|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Barbara think the Fairfax boys don't talk to the local girls?
2. Why does the doctor think Peter is lucky?
3. How does Mrs. Fry know about Aldred?
4. What is the one thing Aurora wants to know about Aldred when they meet before she leaves for Kenya?
5. What happens to Peter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Aldred want to talk to Barry and Melba?
2. Why doesn't Rita want to help Peter with the dying child?
3. Why does Aldred think the idea of becoming a spy is an impossibility?
4. What does Barbara think is the biggest reason as to why the Fairfax brothers don't talk to the local girls in New Zealand?
5. Why is Aurora planning on leaving England so soon after Aldred returns?
6. What does Bertram suggest Aldred do to get the Driscoll parents to approve Helen's move to England?
7. How does Peter become ill?
8. Why does Sidney think Helen and Aldred will never see each other again?
9. How does Rita help Peter while he is in the hospital?
10. What makes Peter compare Rita with Audrey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does culture affect Peter Exley throughout the novel? Use at least three examples of how it affects his life, his relationships and his actions.
Essay Topic 2
What role does Bertram play in the lives of Helen, Benedict and Aldred? What does he provide to each character?
Essay Topic 3
What do the Fry women bring to the story? Is their role a vital one? Why or why not? How do they influence both Helen and Aldred? Use examples.
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)