|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Peter take Rita to Australia?
(a) She doesn't want to move.
(b) His family doesn't like her.
(c) The White Australia Policy.
(d) Her family doesn't allow her to leave China.
2. Where is Brian Talbot going in six days?
(a) Home to Australia.
(b) A new assignment in New Zealand.
(c) To Tokyo with Benedict.
(d) Fighting in Korea.
3. Why doesn't anyone compliment Helen's green coat in New Zealand?
(a) They think it's too flashy.
(b) She never wears it.
(c) It is too tight.
(d) She can't wash it.
4. Who greets Aldred when he returns to England?
5. What does Mrs. Fry want Helen to write Aldred?
(a) "I am coming."
(b) "I am lonely."
(c) "I am in love."
(d) "I am sorry."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do they make an exception for Aldred and serve him lunch after closing?
2. What fills the bookshelves in the study at Aldred's parent's house?
3. Who does Peter know helps him with the dying child without question?
4. Why doesn't Mrs. Ballie like Helen?
5. Who does Peter take to da Silva's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Peter compare Rita with Audrey?
2. Why does Aldred turn down Calder's offer to work as a spy?
3. What is Peter's long-term prognosis by the doctor?
4. How does Peter become ill?
5. Where does Aldred get the coat he and Helen are lying on in the grove?
6. Why does Aldred want to talk to Barry and Melba?
7. Why does Aldred think the idea of becoming a spy is an impossibility?
8. How does Rita help Peter while he is in the hospital?
9. How can the farewell kiss on the ship between Peter and Audrey be described?
10. Why does Peter attempt suicide?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)