|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Aurora when she marries?
2. What courses are Helen's parents forcing her to take?
3. Why does the doctor think Peter is lucky?
(a) He gets to marry Rita.
(b) He doesn't have any long-term damage.
(c) He doesn't contract tuberculosis.
(d) He returns to his law career.
4. What makes Peter realize he can never love Rita?
(a) Her unwillingness to smile.
(b) Her laziness at work.
(c) Her unwillingness to marry him.
(d) Her unwillingness to help the child.
5. Who invites Helen to Lowry Bay?
(a) A girl from typing class.
(c) Miss Fry.
(d) A girl from French class.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is delivering a letter from Helen to Benedict in person?
2. How does Mrs. Fry know about Aldred?
3. Besides from his travels and war involvement, why does Iris fear Aldred doesn't return home?
4. What job is Aldred offered by Calder?
5. Who does Miss Fry live with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sidney think Helen and Aldred will never see each other again?
2. Why does Peter attempt suicide?
3. Why is Peter so aware of his loneliness in Chapter 12?
4. What does Barbara think is the biggest reason as to why the Fairfax brothers don't talk to the local girls in New Zealand?
5. How can the farewell kiss on the ship between Peter and Audrey be described?
6. What makes Peter compare Rita with Audrey?
7. What does Bertram suggest Aldred do to get the Driscoll parents to approve Helen's move to England?
8. Why do the Fry women like Helen so much?
9. Why does Aldred turn down Calder's offer to work as a spy?
10. What presents do Aldred and Aurora give each other and why?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)