|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Aurora when she marries?
2. What happens to George Laister?
(a) He loses his feet to paralysis.
(b) He loses his feet to a grenade bomb.
(c) He loses his feet to a mine.
(d) He loses his feet to frostbite.
3. Who has Aldred's papers that are hiding under Benedict's bed?
4. Where does Aldred take Helen on New Year's Day?
(a) To a river.
(b) To a park.
(c) To a temple.
(d) To a party.
5. What courses are Helen's parents forcing her to take?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Tad and Helen send Aldred telegrams?
2. Where does Barbara's father promise to take the family for three years now?
3. What about Benedict seems to improve, even as his health fails?
4. Why does the doctor think Peter is lucky?
5. Why doesn't Peter want to marry Rita?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Aldred feel the need to visit George Laister?
2. What does Bertram suggest Aldred do to get the Driscoll parents to approve Helen's move to England?
3. What are the crisis' that Aldred must deal with upon his return from Nagasaki?
4. What does Barbara think is the biggest reason as to why the Fairfax brothers don't talk to the local girls in New Zealand?
5. Why does Aldred believe he has survived all of his past obstacles?
6. Why does Sidney think Helen and Aldred will never see each other again?
7. How does Peter become ill?
8. Why is Aurora planning on leaving England so soon after Aldred returns?
9. What do the Fry women think about Helen's love of Aldred?
10. How does Rita help Peter while he is in the hospital?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)