|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the dented tin box with "WAR GRAVES COMMISSION" engraved on it?
(a) Aldred Leith.
(b) Peter Exley.
(c) Brian Talbot.
(d) Roy Rysom.
2. Who is Gardiner's only mourner?
(b) A man wearing red tabs on his coat.
(c) Gardiner's wife.
3. How old is Aldred Leith when he meets Aurora?
4. Who does Audrey wish shows up to the Admiral's party?
(a) The General.
5. Who goes looking for Aldred in Kure?
(b) Two American men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lionello?
2. How does Ginger describe the mornings in Kure?
3. Why isn't Benedict engaged in the Japanese language lessons?
4. The affair with Aurora ends when Aldred goes to study in what country?
5. How does Aldred describe Peter to Helen in the letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might Aldred be jealous of Tad?
2. Why do the women from Peter's office take him out?
3. Why don't the Driscoll siblings ask Aldred about his war experiences?
4. What do Peter Exley and Hendriks talk about on the ship?
5. What happens to Professor Gardiner's wife?
6. Why does Peter think Aldred is dead?
7. Why is Peter upset that Aldred found him a new place to live?
8. Why is Talbot afraid to take Japanese language lessons with Aldred?
9. Why doesn't Aldred mind being alone?
10. Why does Aldred want to walk alone, without Peter?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)