|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pays the Italian family's fine?
2. Who is Iris?
(a) Aldred's Japanese tutor.
(b) Aldred's mother.
(c) Aldred's ex-wife.
(d) Aldred's sister.
3. How old is Aldred in 1947?
4. Why is Benedict going to Tokyo?
(a) To learn Japanese.
(b) To meet an American doctor.
(c) To tour the city.
(d) To meet Aldred on his way home.
5. Who finds Peter a better place to live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says Aldred is reluctant to show his tender heart?
2. What is Aldred going to write about in the report?
3. Who is Patti?
4. What Chinese town does Rysom warn Peter Exley about?
5. How does Ginger describe the mornings in Kure?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aldred interrupt when he goes for a walk, after writing letters on his first night at the Driscoll's?
2. What impression of the Driscoll family does Aldred get upon meeting them?
3. Why doesn't Aldred mind being alone?
4. Why is Talbot afraid to take Japanese language lessons with Aldred?
5. Why might Aldred be jealous of Tad?
6. Why is Peter upset that Aldred found him a new place to live?
7. Why is Professor Gardiner in prison during the war?
8. Why is Aldred touring Hiroshima?
9. Why does it take all day for Aldred to reflect and appreciate his good fortune for not being on the plane that crashed?
10. What do thoughts of Aurora make Aldred Leith realize?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)