|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can't Oliver Leith live without?
2. Why does Aurora give Aldred Leith books and a photo?
(a) The books are written by Aldred's father.
(b) She wants to sell them for extra money.
(c) Her son moves to Spain.
(d) Her son dies and wills them to Aldred.
3. What place does NOT have a room for Peter Exley?
(b) Ita Jima.
(c) MacGregor Road.
(d) Hong Kong.
4. Who does Aldred want to sweep into his arms?
5. Who is Bertram Perowne?
(a) Aldred's tour guide in Hiroshima.
(b) Aldred's tutor.
(c) The Driscoll sibling's tutor.
(d) Helen's literature professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is with the Driscoll children in London during the medical tests?
2. Why is Aldred driving to the Discoll's house?
3. How long is it since Leith last sees Aurora?
4. What medical condition does Gardiner suffer from?
5. How does Aldred describe Raimonda?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aldred come to know Raimonda and Gigliola?
2. How does Aldred get the job of studying China and Japan?
3. Why does Aldred value the letters Peter has waiting for him iin Hong Kong so much?
4. What does Peter think about Aldred's situation with Helen?
5. Why don't the Driscoll siblings ask Aldred about his war experiences?
6. Why is Peter happy about making the move to MacGregor Road?
7. Why is Peter Exley in Hong Kong?
8. What impression of the Driscoll family does Aldred get upon meeting them?
9. Why does Aldred ask his father for money when he returns from his Easter trip to Florence?
10. Why doesn't Aldred want to interview Helen and Benedict about the suicide?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)