|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Raimonda and Gigliola?
(a) Daughters of Aldred's Italian language teacher.
(b) Aldred's sisters.
(c) Aldred's ex-girlfriends.
(d) Helen's classmates.
2. What place does NOT have a room for Peter Exley?
(b) Ita Jima.
(c) Hong Kong.
(d) MacGregor Road.
3. Who does Aldred write a letter to in Hong Kong?
(a) Barry Driscoll.
(b) Peter Exley.
(c) Brian Talbot.
(d) Benedict Driscoll.
4. Who goes looking for Aldred in Kure?
(d) Two American men.
5. Where does Aldred think Helen lives while he writes his book?
(a) His house.
(b) His mother's house.
(c) Peter's house.
(d) Bertram's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter Exley's pocket diary say?
2. How does Aldred describe Helen at first glance?
3. Who comes to talk to Aldred while he is writing his report?
4. Why isn't Benedict engaged in the Japanese language lessons?
5. Who does Aldred sit next to at lunch upon arrival at the Driscolls?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Peter's purchases as a youth embarrass his parents?
2. Why does Aldred ask his father for money when he returns from his Easter trip to Florence?
3. What do thoughts of Aurora make Aldred Leith realize?
4. Why doesn't Aldred mind being alone?
5. Why is Peter Exley in Hong Kong?
6. Why does it take all day for Aldred to reflect and appreciate his good fortune for not being on the plane that crashed?
7. Why does Aldred think Gardiner is still around him?
8. Where is Aldred Leith and what is he doing?
9. What do Benedict and Helen fear will happen while Aldred is away on his two month journey away from Kure?
10. What impression of the Driscoll family does Aldred get upon meeting them?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)