|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Peter write Audrey a letter so soon?
(a) He does't want her to forget him.
(b) He feels the need to coverse with her.
(c) He realizes he is madly in love with her.
(d) He forgets to wish her good luck.
2. Who does Peter miss above all others?
(b) His father.
3. Who offers to take Peter on a ship to Australia?
4. Who sails on The Mariposa?
(d) Barry and Melba Driscoll.
5. Why does Barbara think the Fairfax boys don't talk to the local girls?
(a) They are too young to date.
(b) They don't like New Zealand accents.
(c) They don't want to risk staying forever.
(d) They don't want to get in trouble by the law.
6. What does Peter attempt to do in the hospital?
(a) Run away.
(b) Punch a doctor.
(c) Stop allowing vistors.
(d) Overdose on pills.
7. Besides from his travels and war involvement, why does Iris fear Aldred doesn't return home?
8. What does Helen believe New Zealand represents?
(a) The end of the earth.
(b) The beginning of her adulthood.
(c) The end of her love of Aldred.
(d) The start of her adventures.
9. What does Mrs. Fry want Helen to write Aldred?
(a) "I am in love."
(b) "I am coming."
(c) "I am sorry."
(d) "I am lonely."
10. How many steps to the top of the Monument?
11. Why does the doctor think Peter is lucky?
(a) He doesn't have any long-term damage.
(b) He returns to his law career.
(c) He gets to marry Rita.
(d) He doesn't contract tuberculosis.
12. What news does the cable that comes for Aldred bring?
(a) His father dies.
(b) Benedict dies.
(c) Peter dies.
(d) His mother dies.
13. What happens to the child Peter takes to the hospital?
(a) She is alive but paralyzed.
(b) She dies in the taxi.
(c) She lives.
(d) She dies in the hospital.
14. What fills the bookshelves in the study at Aldred's parent's house?
(a) Books Aldred read as a youth.
(b) Books Aldred read during the war.
(c) Books written by Aldred.
(d) Books written by Oliver.
15. Who has Aldred's papers that are hiding under Benedict's bed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Peter know helps him with the dying child without question?
2. How has Aldred's attitude toward war change?
3. Where is Brian Talbot going in six days?
4. What courses are Helen's parents forcing her to take?
5. Who prepares tea for Miss Fry in the afternoon?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)