|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lionello?
(a) Aldred's teacher in Japan.
(b) Benedict's teacher in London.
(c) Aldred's teacher in Florence.
(d) Benedict's teacher in Marseille.
2. Why does Helen shower in Aldred's room the morning of his arrival?
(a) So she can look at his room one more time.
(b) So she doesn't wake Benedict.
(c) To make sure the shower works.
(d) So Benedict can use the other shower.
3. How old is Aldred Leith when he meets Aurora?
4. What is Benedict's affliction?
(a) Friedreich's Ataxia.
(b) Parkinson's Disease.
5. Who does Aldred invite to dinner to meet Peter?
(a) Barry and Melba.
(c) Helen and Benedict.
(d) Audrey Fellows.
6. What medical condition does Gardiner suffer from?
(a) Liver disease.
7. How does Peter describe Canton?
(a) Quiet and passive.
(b) Charming and electric.
(c) Big, bustling and overwhelming.
(d) Squalid and indistinct with chaos.
8. Which childhood friend of Aldred's does Benedict want to know 'how things go'?
9. What is Aldred going to do with the information he is collecting daily?
(a) Make new maps of China and Japan.
(b) Write a report for all armed services.
(c) Write a book to be published.
(d) Nothing, it's for his own information.
10. What does Gardnier think of Aldred?
(a) Aldred is too weak.
(b) Aldred is not brave.
(c) Aldred travels too much.
(d) Aldred is alone too long.
11. Who does Aldred sit next to at lunch upon arrival at the Driscolls?
(c) Mrs. Driscoll.
(d) Mr. Driscoll.
12. Why is Peter Exley invited to tea by the ladies?
(a) To meet Aldred Leith.
(b) To meet his new commander.
(c) To celebrate his birthday.
(d) To meet his new girlfriend.
13. How many servicewomen work in a room next to Peter Exley's?
14. Where does Aldred consider the closest thing to home he has?
(a) Near Sydney.
(b) Near the North Sea.
(c) Near London.
(d) Near Hong Kong.
15. Who is Gardiner's only mourner?
(a) Gardiner's wife.
(b) A man wearing red tabs on his coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lionello's law business suffer?
2. Why is Aldred driving to the Discoll's house?
3. Who's route across China does Aldred hope to mimic?
4. How old is Helen now?
5. What does Aldred believe literature does for Helen and Benedict?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)