|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Peter Exley invited to tea by the ladies?
(a) To celebrate his birthday.
(b) To meet his new girlfriend.
(c) To meet Aldred Leith.
(d) To meet his new commander.
2. What does Benedict fear happens when Aldred leaves for Hong Kong?
(a) He fears Barry does not let Aldred return.
(b) He fears he dies.
(c) He fears Helen runs away.
(d) He fears Aldred does not return.
3. How long is the war over?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Two decades.
4. Helen writes Aldred about a poem written about what Italian city?
5. Why does Aldred go to Tokyo the next day after returning from Hong Kong?
(a) His writing assignment is in Tokyo.
(b) He wants to visit Peter in Tokyo.
(c) His bags are in Tokyo.
(d) His father is in Tokyo.
6. Who goes looking for Aldred in Kure?
(a) Two American men.
7. What is Aldred experiencing for the first time in many years when he returns to the compound?
(a) A feeling of power like when he is a sergeant.
(b) A feeling of homesickness for Australia.
(c) A feeling of being missed and loved.
(d) A feeling of being needed.
8. Who is Aldred Leith?
(a) A solider for the Allies.
(b) An author.
(c) A war prisoner.
(d) A solider for the Axis.
9. Where is the plane that crashes flying in from?
10. Where does Aldred think Helen lives while he writes his book?
(a) His house.
(b) His mother's house.
(c) Bertram's house.
(d) Peter's house.
11. What does Aldred want to look for in town?
(a) Another room to stay.
(b) Another job.
(c) Transportation home.
(d) A gift for Helen.
12. Who is Patti?
(a) Peter's coworker.
(b) Peter's mother.
(c) Peter's first love.
(d) Peter's sister.
13. Why does the plane crash at the airport?
(a) It is shot down.
(b) It comes in too low and hits rubble.
(c) It is out of fuel.
(d) The engine stops.
14. How does Aldred describe Peter to Helen in the letter?
(a) As a mean man.
(b) As a bitter man.
(c) As a lonely man.
(d) As a humerous man.
15. Where does Benedict get his education?
(a) At home.
(b) At boarding school.
(c) At private school.
(d) At public school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who judges Peter Exley to be a poor thing, but still marries him?
2. Why doesn't Aldred want to question the children about the body?
3. What is Aldred doing in Hiroshima?
4. What country is Brigadier Driscoll from?
5. What does Peter Exley's pocket diary say?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)