|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which childhood friend of Aldred's does Benedict want to know 'how things go'?
2. What place does NOT have a room for Peter Exley?
(b) Hong Kong.
(c) Ita Jima.
(d) MacGregor Road.
3. How long is Gardiner in prison?
(a) Nearly two years.
(b) He is never in prison.
(c) Three years.
(d) Nearly four years.
4. Who is Patti?
(a) Peter's sister.
(b) Peter's coworker.
(c) Peter's mother.
(d) Peter's first love.
5. Who goes looking for Aldred in Kure?
(d) Two American men.
6. Who picks Aldred up at the end of his journey to Kure?
(b) Staff Sergeant Wells.
(d) Brian Talbot.
7. Why doesn't Aldred want to question the children about the body?
(a) They are too young to speak about death.
(b) He doesn't feel comfortable living near them anymore.
(c) They don't speak the same language as Aldred.
(d) He thinks they don't believe there is a body.
8. What does Bertram send Benedict through the mail?
(a) Crossword puzzles.
9. What is Benedict's affliction?
(a) Parkinson's Disease.
(b) Friedreich's Ataxia.
10. Who is Charlotte?
(a) A girl Aldred knows as a child.
(b) The girl who influences him to learn Japanese.
(c) The Hiroshima bomb site tour guide.
(d) A woman he meets during the war.
11. How old is Aldred Leith when he meets Aurora?
12. Who is the Portuguese typist?
(a) Miss Mills.
(b) Miss Xavier.
13. Who are Raimonda and Gigliola?
(a) Aldred's sisters.
(b) Aldred's ex-girlfriends.
(c) Helen's classmates.
(d) Daughters of Aldred's Italian language teacher.
14. How does Ginger describe the mornings in Kure?
(a) "Lovely, I can tell you."
(b) "Damp, I can tell you."
(c) "Peaceful, I can tell you."
(d) "Overwhelming, I can tell you."
15. Who is Lionello?
(a) Aldred's teacher in Japan.
(b) Benedict's teacher in Marseille.
(c) Aldred's teacher in Florence.
(d) Benedict's teacher in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Aldred about his name?
2. What do thoughts of Aurora make Leith believe about himself?
3. Where is Aldred flying in from to see Peter?
4. The affair with Aurora ends when Aldred goes to study in what country?
5. Who does Leith go to the ballet with in the 1930s?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)