|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Carroll?
(a) The Japanese language tutor.
(b) An American lieutenant in Hiroshima.
(c) The British lieutenant in Hiroshima.
(d) The man responsible for setting off The Bomb.
2. Where is Brian Talbot going in six days?
(a) To Tokyo with Benedict.
(b) A new assignment in New Zealand.
(c) Home to Australia.
(d) Fighting in Korea.
3. Why does Aldred call for a tutor?
(a) To learn Chinese.
(b) To learn Japanese.
(c) To learn French.
(d) To learn geology.
4. Why does Aurora give Aldred Leith books and a photo?
(a) Her son moves to Spain.
(b) Her son dies and wills them to Aldred.
(c) She wants to sell them for extra money.
(d) The books are written by Aldred's father.
5. Why does the doctor think Peter is lucky?
(a) He gets to marry Rita.
(b) He returns to his law career.
(c) He doesn't contract tuberculosis.
(d) He doesn't have any long-term damage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Peter?
2. What does Gardnier think of Aldred?
3. Where does Aldred take Helen on New Year's Day?
4. How long is the war over?
5. Who comes to see Peter every day after work?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)