|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says Aldred is reluctant to show his tender heart?
2. What does Aldred believe literature does for Helen and Benedict?
(a) It makes them appear like young children.
(b) It frees and delievers them.
(c) It makes them anti-social.
(d) It makes them sad.
3. Why does Helen shower in Aldred's room the morning of his arrival?
(a) So she doesn't wake Benedict.
(b) To make sure the shower works.
(c) So Benedict can use the other shower.
(d) So she can look at his room one more time.
4. What does Peter do when he sees the state of the tailor's child?
(a) Calls an ambulance.
(b) Goes running to Rita for help.
(c) Gives the child medical attention.
(d) Goes back to the theater to watch a movie.
5. Who is Audrey Fellows?
(a) A single woman Aldred meets in Hong Kong.
(b) Peter's ex-wife.
(c) Aldred's ex-wife.
(d) A woman Aldred knows during the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aldred experiencing for the first time in many years when he returns to the compound?
2. Who comes to see Peter every day after work?
3. What does Gardnier think of Aldred?
4. What fills the bookshelves in the study at Aldred's parent's house?
5. Who's route across China does Aldred hope to mimic?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)