|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the war over?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two decades.
(d) Two weeks.
2. How does Aldred describe Helen at first glance?
(a) As quiet and un-endearing.
(b) As a young girl who is older than she looks.
(c) As a radiant version of Mrs. Driscoll.
(d) As if Benedict is re-created in perfect health.
3. What is Aldred going to do with the information he is collecting daily?
(a) Write a report for all armed services.
(b) Nothing, it's for his own information.
(c) Make new maps of China and Japan.
(d) Write a book to be published.
4. Why does Talbot hesitate about joining Aldred during his tutoring lessons?
(a) He is already fluent in the subject Aldred wants to study.
(b) He doesn't want to be teased by his peers.
(c) He doesn't like Aldred.
(d) He wants to travel instead of study.
5. Who is Gardiner's only mourner?
(a) A man wearing red tabs on his coat.
(d) Gardiner's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aldred describe the photo in Chapter One?
2. Who is with the Driscoll children in London during the medical tests?
3. Where do the Driscoll siblings start their journey East alone?
4. Who is Benedict?
5. Where is Aldred and his escort traveling?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)