|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Talbot hesitate about joining Aldred during his tutoring lessons?
(a) He wants to travel instead of study.
(b) He doesn't want to be teased by his peers.
(c) He is already fluent in the subject Aldred wants to study.
(d) He doesn't like Aldred.
2. What does Peter Exley value above all others: the cathedral, the governor's villa, the post office or the bank?
(a) The post office.
(b) The governor's villa.
(c) The cathedral.
(d) The bank.
3. Who does Aldred write a letter to in Hong Kong?
(a) Barry Driscoll.
(b) Peter Exley.
(c) Brian Talbot.
(d) Benedict Driscoll.
4. Why isn't Benedict engaged in the Japanese language lessons?
(a) He is busy touring Hiroshima.
(b) His concentration fails him.
(c) He already speaks fluent Japanese.
(d) He doesn't like to learn new languages.
5. Who does Aldred want to sweep into his arms?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aldred's ex-wife's name?
2. What is Aldred doing in Hiroshima?
3. Who does Aldred sit next to at lunch upon arrival at the Driscolls?
4. Where does Aldred consider the closest thing to home he has?
5. Who owns the dented tin box with "WAR GRAVES COMMISSION" engraved on it?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)