|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aldred go to Tokyo the next day after returning from Hong Kong?
(a) He wants to visit Peter in Tokyo.
(b) His writing assignment is in Tokyo.
(c) His father is in Tokyo.
(d) His bags are in Tokyo.
2. Who has a crush on Helen besides Aldred?
(c) The compound servant.
3. What do thoughts of Aurora make Leith believe about himself?
(a) That he needs to write a memoir.
(b) That he lives a boring life.
(c) That he has a substantial past.
(d) That he is old and lonely.
4. Why doesn't Aldred's boat arrive on time?
(a) Because of a storm.
(b) Because he misses the morning boat.
(c) Because he stays longer in Hong Kong.
(d) Because of a wreck.
5. What is Aldred experiencing for the first time in many years when he returns to the compound?
(a) A feeling of being needed.
(b) A feeling of homesickness for Australia.
(c) A feeling of power like when he is a sergeant.
(d) A feeling of being missed and loved.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who greets Aldred when he returns to England?
2. What does the American doctor send Benedict?
3. Who does Leith go to the ballet with in the 1930s?
4. How many steps to the top of the Monument?
5. Where does Benedict want to go with Leith?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)