Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Female Ghost consider controlling Robert to have been?
2. What is MacDonald's first name?
3. Who is an example of what natural affection turns to in the end if it will not be converted?
4. What creature is on the shoulder of the Ghost in the forest?
5. What does MacDonald say that Hell does not have the power to do over Heaven?
Discuss the narrator's actions and objectives in The Great Divorce. What changes does his character undergo? What does he represent symbolically?
Discuss the terms "Parable" and "Allegory." What characteristics does The Great Divorce share with these styles? Define the terms and cite examples of these characteristics from the text.
Discuss the setting in The Great Divorce. Is this setting realistic? Describe the qualities of the gray town, the bus, and the foothills. How are they different?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)