|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Well-Dressed Ghost say she would rather do than be seen?
2. Where did Sarah live in her Earthly life?
3. What does MacDonald say is young?
4. According to MacDonald where do literary ghosts go to visit?
5. What did the Female Ghost spend hours doing to brighten up their home?
Essay Topic 1
How does the character of MacDonald serve the novel? What is the literary term that may be applied to him? What are his major characteristics? What does he represent symbolically?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the literary style of C. S. Lewis and the elements of style which are present in The Great Divorce. How do his choices of point of view, characterization, exposition, irony and foreshadowing affect the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the themes of love and lust in The Great Divorce. How are "defective love" and "lust" compared? How does the author exemplify this through parable?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)