Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Female Ghost consider controlling Robert to have been?
2. What is MacDonald's first name?
3. Who is an example of what natural affection turns to in the end if it will not be converted?
4. What creature is on the shoulder of the Ghost in the forest?
5. What does MacDonald say that Hell does not have the power to do over Heaven?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the narrator's actions and objectives in The Great Divorce. What changes does his character undergo? What does he represent symbolically?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role that "pride" plays in The Great Divorce. Which characters are afflicted with the sin of pride? How? What does the author illuminate regarding pride as a sin? Does he have a "moral" regarding this subject?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of the narrator and MacDonald. How are these characters alike? How are they different? What are the traits of each?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)