|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Solid Man tell Pam you can't fully love until you love God?
2. What did Frank torment Sarah with in their earthly life?
3. Who is Robert to the Ghost who insists on not seeing him?
4. What is notable about the Dwarf after the Lady kisses him?
5. What happens to the Tragedian?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of imagery in The Great Divorce. In your answer, define the terms simile and metaphor. Give examples of each.
Essay Topic 2
What literary allusions does C. S. Lewis make in the novel? What does this term mean? Which character specifically is an overt allusion? How?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the narrator's actions and objectives in The Great Divorce. What changes does his character undergo? What does he represent symbolically?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)