Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Female Ghost consider controlling Robert to have been?
2. What is MacDonald's first name?
3. Who is an example of what natural affection turns to in the end if it will not be converted?
4. What creature is on the shoulder of the Ghost in the forest?
5. What does MacDonald say that Hell does not have the power to do over Heaven?
Essay Topic 1
What is "Speculative Fiction?" How is The Great Divorce a part of this genre? Who coined the phrase and how is Speculative Fiction differentiated from Science Fiction or Fantasy?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the narrator's actions and objectives in The Great Divorce. What changes does his character undergo? What does he represent symbolically?
Essay Topic 3
What literary allusions does C. S. Lewis make in the novel? What does this term mean? Which character specifically is an overt allusion? How?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)