Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Female Ghost consider controlling Robert to have been?
2. What is MacDonald's first name?
3. Who is an example of what natural affection turns to in the end if it will not be converted?
4. What creature is on the shoulder of the Ghost in the forest?
5. What does MacDonald say that Hell does not have the power to do over Heaven?
Essay Topic 1
What literary allusions does C. S. Lewis make in the novel? What does this term mean? Which character specifically is an overt allusion? How?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the themes of love and lust in The Great Divorce. How are "defective love" and "lust" compared? How does the author exemplify this through parable?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of "Free Will." What is the definition of this term? How does it apply to The Great Divorce? How does this theme tie into other themes in the novel?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)