|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Well-Dressed Ghost say she would rather do than be seen?
(c) Go to Hell.
(d) Meet God.
2. What does the Solid One tell the Well-Dressed Ghost to drink the cup of?
3. What does the Female Ghost say she did for Robert?
(a) Worshipped him.
(b) Killed him.
(c) Killed herself.
(d) Sacrificed her whole life.
4. What does MacDonald say that both good and evil become if full-grown?
5. What does MacDonald say is the gift that men most resemble the Creator?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Well-Dressed Ghost in the forest tell the Solid One following her?
2. What is notable about the Dwarf after the Lady kisses him?
3. What does Sarah say that pity can be used as?
4. What had Robert not had "a spark of"?
5. Who wrote, "Tis better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven?"
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator feel after his encounter with the Hard-Bitten Ghost? Why?
2. What does the Tragedian do that makes the dwarf get smaller? What does Sarah say about this?
3. What does the Female Ghost say about the flowers she put on Robert's desk?
4. What does the narrator see when things suddenly change in Chapter 14? What do the figures on the table do?
5. What does Sarah do when the dwarf disappears?
6. What happens when the ghost with the lizard allows the Bright Person to kill the lizard?
7. Why does MacDonald tell the narrator that the ghosts choose not to take the bus to Heaven?
8. What does the narrator do when MacDonald offers to walk with him uphill? What is the sensation he speaks of?
9. Why does the Female Ghost change her mind about seeing Robert?
10. What creatures appear when the Bright Person blows the horn? What is their appearance?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)