|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pam say she'd be perfectly happy if she had?
2. Who is Robert to the Ghost who insists on not seeing him?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her son.
3. What does the Dwarf ask of Sarah?
(a) If she missed him.
(b) If she loved him.
(c) If she left him.
(d) If she hated him.
4. MacDonald says "The action of pity will live forever, but the _______ of pity will not."
5. What does the Tragedian accuse Sarah of doing to him?
(a) Worrying for him.
(b) Loving him.
(c) Praising him.
(d) Driving him back to Hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Robert not had "a spark of"?
2. What kind of man did Robert turn into?
3. What does MacDonald say is young?
4. What, according to MacDonald, can a horse not sympathize with?
5. What comes rushing forth after the Solid One blows the horn in the forest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does MacDonald tell the narrator that the ghosts choose not to take the bus to Heaven?
2. What analogy does the narrator conclude about the figures and the table in Chapter 14?
3. What happens to the narrator when the morning arrives?
4. What happens when the ghost with the lizard allows the Bright Person to kill the lizard?
5. What creatures appear when the Bright Person blows the horn? What is their appearance?
6. What does the Female Ghost tell the Bright Woman were her husband's faults?
7. What does MacDonald tell the narrator about the beautiful woman in the procession?
8. What does Sarah do when the dwarf disappears?
9. What is the appearance of the two ghosts whom Sarah encounters?
10. What does Pam's brother tell her about the love of God? How must she change in order to see her son?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)