|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Bright Man, Dick, say that the gray town is if you choose to stay in Heaven?
2. What does the Driver of the bus appear to be filled with?
3. The Ghost tells the Bright Man called Dick that his views were wrong about this in life:
(a) His belief in Communism.
(b) Literal Heaven and Hell.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
4. How far is the bus stop from the Civic Center?
(a) Thousands of miles.
(b) Sixteen blocks.
(c) One mile.
(d) Ten miles.
5. What is remarkable about the people who approach from the mountain?
(a) Their anger.
(b) Their invisibility.
(c) Their brightness.
(d) Their fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dick ask the Episcopal Ghost to do?
2. What animals does the narrator encounter in the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. What does the Solid Man who speaks to the Big Man say can't be done here?
4. What has become almost unbearable for the narrator at the beginning of Chapter 3?
5. What grows on the tree that the narrator encounters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the place appear as when the narrator gets off the bus?
2. What is the ghost in the bushes doing? Who is this ghost?
3. Why does the Young Man tell the narrator he is going on the bus?
4. How does the narrator move two spaces in line after he joins in waiting?
5. Why does the man in the bowler hat tell the narrator the gray town seemed so desolate?
6. Why does the narrator stop walking on the river? What does he see up the slope?
7. What does the man in the bowler hat believe would make the people in the gray town satisfied?
8. What does the narrator do when he sees the bright light? What is the reaction and appearance of the other passengers?
9. What is the narrator's experience walking on the grass? What does he envy?
10. How does the Hard-Bitten Ghost respond to the narrator's suggestion that they will grow more solid as they acclimate to Heaven?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)