|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the narrator begun to walk upon in Chapter 3?
(a) The grass.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The air.
(d) The river.
2. What country's alignment in the war troubled the Tousle-Headed Poet?
3. Who, according to the Hard-Bitten Ghost, was Mother always in the same firm with?
(d) Her children.
4. What does the Bright Man, Dick, say that the gray town is if you choose to stay in Heaven?
5. Who comes to sit next to the narrator on the bus?
(a) An old woman.
(b) An old man.
(c) A tousle-haired youth.
(d) A young woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did they tell the Hard-Bitten Ghost when he was in the nursery?
2. After he gets off the bus, what does the narrator try to pick?
3. What does the ghost by the tree say that Hell is?
4. What does the Big Man repeatedly insist on getting?
5. What does the face of the Bright Man who approaches the Big Ghost make the narrator want to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the ghost in the bushes doing? Who is this ghost?
2. What is the narrator's experience walking on the grass? What does he envy?
3. What is remarkable about the other passengers once they are off the bus?
4. What does the man in the bowler hat believe would make the people in the gray town satisfied?
5. What does the ghost of the Fat Man say when the Bright Person asks him to go to the mountains with him?
6. What does the narrator try to pick up after getting off the bus?
7. What does the narrator do when he sees the bright light? What is the reaction and appearance of the other passengers?
8. What does the place appear as when the narrator gets off the bus?
9. How long does the narrator travel on the river? How far does he go?
10. What does the narrator see coming down from the mountains to meet the ghosts? What is their appearance?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)