|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say the Dwarf shrinks to the size of?
(a) A flea.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A bird.
(d) A dog.
2. What had Robert not had "a spark of"?
3. What kind of man did Robert turn into?
(a) The kind who cares for nothing but gambling.
(b) A womanizer.
(c) A drinker.
(d) The kind who cares for nothing but food.
4. How much was the Female Ghost's husband "pottering along" on when she met him?
(a) 1,000 a year.
(b) 600 a year.
(c) 10,000 a year.
(d) 400 a year.
5. Who is an example of what natural affection turns to in the end if it will not be converted?
(a) The Guthries.
(b) The Andersons.
(c) The Kennedys.
(d) The Browns.
6. What is the table made of in Chapter 14?
7. What did the Hard-Bitten Ghost leave the narrator with?
8. What does the narrator fear would crush him into the earth in Chapter 8?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A leaf.
(c) An insect.
(d) A bird.
9. What does MacDonald say "isn't enough" among mortals?
10. What happens to the Tragedian?
(a) He melts.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He lights on fire.
(d) He explodes.
11. What are the small creatures on the table representative of in Chapter 14?
(a) Anger and Joy.
(b) The Devil.
(c) The Great Figures.
12. What does Sarah say that pity can be used as?
13. What does the narrator walk toward when he leaves the river?
(a) A field.
(b) A forest.
(c) The bus.
(d) The mountain.
14. What does Sarah tell the Tragedian he cannot bring into her?
15. What does Sarah call the Dwarf?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was clearer here for the narrator than on Earth, according to MacDonald?
2. What approaches the narrator and his guide in the beginning of Chapter 12?
3. What is the name of the Solid Man who meets the Female Ghost looking for her son?
4. What does the Well-Dressed Ghost say she would rather do than be seen?
5. What did the Female Ghost spend hours doing to brighten up their home?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)