|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. MacDonald says that of the Saved, what happens to them is best described as the opposite of what?
(a) A mirage.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A journey.
2. What does MacDonald ask the narrator if he's ever heard of?
(d) Prometheus Bound.
3. What is the table made of in Chapter 14?
4. What did the Hard-Bitten Ghost leave the narrator with?
5. What does MacDonald say that Heaven is?
(a) Reality itself.
(b) A state of mind.
(c) A garden.
(d) God's lap.
6. Whom does the narrator recall the Gods had tortured?
7. What did the Female Ghost spend hours doing to brighten up their home?
(d) Arranging flowers.
8. What does Pam say she'd be perfectly happy if she had?
9. What does Sarah call the Dwarf?
10. What does the Solid Man tell Pam she can't do to anyone in this country?
(a) Pity them.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Worship them.
(d) Hurt them.
11. What does the narrator say the Dwarf shrinks to the size of?
(a) A dog.
(b) A flea.
(c) A bird.
(d) A kitten.
12. What does the Female Ghost call the Solid Woman to whom she speaks of Robert?
13. What does the narrator fear would crush him into the earth in Chapter 8?
(a) A bird.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A leaf.
(d) An insect.
14. What does the Female Ghost say she did for Robert?
(a) Killed herself.
(b) Sacrificed her whole life.
(c) Killed him.
(d) Worshipped him.
15. What does the Female Ghost say that Robert was when hosting parties?
(a) A great host.
(b) A storyteller.
(c) A wet blanket.
(d) A rogue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the narrator realize is leading of the two ghosts who meet Sarah?
2. According to MacDonald where do literary ghosts go to visit?
3. What does the table represent in Chapter 14?
4. What does MacDonald tell the narrator he's been doing all this time in Chapter 14?
5. What does Sarah say that the Dwarf can no longer communicate here?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)