|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book had the narrator bought when he was 16?
(b) The World Forgotten.
(c) The Bible.
2. What does MacDonald tell the narrator to call this land?
(a) Heaven's Foothills.
(b) The Valley of the Shadow of Death.
(c) The Valley of the Shadow of Life.
3. What does the Tragedian accuse Sarah of doing to him?
(a) Driving him back to Hell.
(b) Loving him.
(c) Worrying for him.
(d) Praising him.
4. Who is the glorious woman being praised in Chapter 12?
(a) Sarah Smith.
(b) Sarah Vangrave.
(c) Sarah Walters.
(d) Sarah Williams.
5. What is the name of the son whom the Female Ghost is longing to see?
6. What does the Well-Dressed Ghost in the forest tell the Solid One following her?
(a) To help her sleep.
(b) To take her to her husband.
(c) To leave her alone.
(d) To take her to the mountain.
7. What does the sunrise shoot dead?
8. What appeared to follow the glorious woman who was being praised in Chapter 12?
(a) A fox.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A cat.
(d) A shining train.
9. What does the narrator walk toward when he leaves the river?
(a) A field.
(b) The bus.
(c) The mountain.
(d) A forest.
10. What is the name of the Solid Man who meets the Female Ghost looking for her son?
11. What does the Female Ghost say that Robert was when hosting parties?
(a) A great host.
(b) A storyteller.
(c) A rogue.
(d) A wet blanket.
12. What happens to the Tragedian?
(a) He explodes.
(b) He lights on fire.
(c) He disappears.
(d) He melts.
13. What does the Dwarf ask of Sarah?
(a) If she left him.
(b) If she hated him.
(c) If she loved him.
(d) If she missed him.
14. What does the Solid Person remind Pam that her son was at first?
(a) An accident.
(b) An abomination.
(c) A miracle.
(d) A brat.
15. What is the table made of in Chapter 14?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Solid One tell the Well-Dressed Ghost he can't completely do?
2. What is notable about the Dwarf after the Lady kisses him?
3. What, according to MacDonald, is easier mistaken for gold than clay?
4. How much was the Female Ghost's husband "pottering along" on when she met him?
5. Why does MacDonald explain that Sarah couldn't go to Hell?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)