|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What approaches the narrator and his guide in the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) A procession.
(b) A waterfall.
(c) A swarm of bees.
(d) A cloud.
2. What does the narrator say the Dwarf struggles with terribly?
3. What creature is on the shoulder of the Ghost in the forest?
(a) A lizard.
(b) A bird.
(c) A gnome.
(d) A frog.
4. What, according to MacDonald, is easier mistaken for gold than clay?
5. What does the Well-Dressed Ghost in the forest tell the Solid One following her?
(a) To take her to her husband.
(b) To take her to the mountain.
(c) To leave her alone.
(d) To help her sleep.
6. What does MacDonald say that Hell does not have the power to do over Heaven?
7. What does the Solid Man say that Pam is only using as a means to get to her son?
8. What kind of man did Robert turn into?
(a) A womanizer.
(b) The kind who cares for nothing but gambling.
(c) A drinker.
(d) The kind who cares for nothing but food.
9. What does the Tragedian accuse Sarah of doing to him?
(a) Praising him.
(b) Worrying for him.
(c) Loving him.
(d) Driving him back to Hell.
10. What is the name of the Solid Man who meets the Female Ghost looking for her son?
11. What does the Dwarf ask of Sarah?
(a) If she hated him.
(b) If she missed him.
(c) If she left him.
(d) If she loved him.
12. What does the Well-Dressed Ghost say she would rather do than be seen?
(a) Meet God.
(d) Go to Hell.
13. What does Sarah say that the Dwarf can no longer communicate here?
(a) His glory.
(b) His wretchedness.
(c) His dominance.
(d) His money.
14. Who is the glorious woman being praised in Chapter 12?
(a) Sarah Smith.
(b) Sarah Williams.
(c) Sarah Vangrave.
(d) Sarah Walters.
15. What does MacDonald tell the narrator he's been doing all this time in Chapter 14?
Short Answer Questions
1. MacDonald says that of the Saved, what happens to them is best described as the opposite of what?
2. What does the Solid One tell the Well-Dressed Ghost he can't completely do?
3. What, according to MacDonald, can a horse not sympathize with?
4. Which ghost does the narrator encounter in the small clearing in Chapter 8?
5. What does the Female Ghost call the Solid Woman to whom she speaks of Robert?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)