|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is an example of what natural affection turns to in the end if it will not be converted?
(a) The Guthries.
(b) The Kennedys.
(c) The Andersons.
(d) The Browns.
2. What is on the table in Chapter 14?
3. Where does MacDonald say that most of the Ghosts go for their "vacations"?
4. What does the Female Ghost say that Robert was when hosting parties?
(a) A great host.
(b) A storyteller.
(c) A rogue.
(d) A wet blanket.
5. What, according to MacDonald, can a horse not sympathize with?
(a) A man.
(b) A roach.
(c) A rat.
(d) An angel.
6. What does the table represent in Chapter 14?
7. What does Sarah call the Dwarf?
8. What are the small creatures on the table representative of in Chapter 14?
(a) The Great Figures.
(b) Anger and Joy.
(d) The Devil.
9. Who are the young men and women on either side of Sarah, according to MacDonald?
(a) Her sons and daughters.
(b) Her angels.
(c) Her sisters and brothers.
(d) Her lovers.
10. What does MacDonald say that Heaven is?
(a) A state of mind.
(b) Reality itself.
(c) God's lap.
(d) A garden.
11. What did Frank torment Sarah with in their earthly life?
(a) His misery.
(b) His rage.
(c) His hatred.
(d) His love.
12. What does MacDonald say that both good and evil become if full-grown?
13. What appeared to follow the glorious woman who was being praised in Chapter 12?
(a) A fox.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A cat.
(d) A shining train.
14. What does the narrator suddenly see all around in Chapter 14?
(d) Giant forms.
15. What does MacDonald say is young?
(c) Redeemed humanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was clearer here for the narrator than on Earth, according to MacDonald?
2. What does the Solid One tell the Well-Dressed Ghost to drink the cup of?
3. What does the Female Ghost say she did for Robert?
4. What does the Solid Man tell Pam you can't fully love until you love God?
5. What does the Well-Dressed Ghost in the forest tell the Solid One following her?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)