|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert could not work more than how many hours a day?
2. What did Frank torment Sarah with in their earthly life?
(a) His hatred.
(b) His misery.
(c) His rage.
(d) His love.
3. What did the Hard-Bitten Ghost leave the narrator with?
4. What is the name of the son whom the Female Ghost is longing to see?
5. What is the name of the Solid Man who meets the Female Ghost looking for her son?
6. What does the Dwarf ask of Sarah?
(a) If she missed him.
(b) If she hated him.
(c) If she loved him.
(d) If she left him.
7. What did Robert have a "silly idea" of doing in the old days?
(a) Writing a book.
(b) Selling his paintings.
(c) Making a statue.
(d) Buying a shop.
8. What does the Female Ghost say she did for Robert?
(a) Killed herself.
(b) Sacrificed her whole life.
(c) Worshipped him.
(d) Killed him.
9. What does MacDonald say "isn't enough" among mortals?
10. What appeared to follow the glorious woman who was being praised in Chapter 12?
(a) A shining train.
(b) A cat.
(c) A fox.
(d) An elephant.
11. Who says, "Can't you understand anything? Do you really suppose I'm going out there among all those people, like this?"
(b) The Well-Dressed Ghost.
(c) The Tragedian.
(d) The Dwarf.
12. What does Sarah call the Dwarf?
13. Who is the ghost that MacDonald mentioned stayed in Heaven?
14. What did the Female Ghost keep as a way to make her husband exercise?
(a) A guitar.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A horse.
(d) A great Dane.
15. Why does MacDonald explain that Sarah couldn't go to Hell?
(a) She couldn't fit.
(b) She was too ungrateful.
(c) She didn't want to.
(d) She wasn't allowed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book had the narrator bought when he was 16?
2. How much was the Female Ghost's husband "pottering along" on when she met him?
3. What does the sunrise shoot dead?
4. What did the Female Ghost spend hours doing to brighten up their home?
5. What creature is on the shoulder of the Ghost in the forest?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)