|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the small creatures on the table representative of in Chapter 14?
(a) The Devil.
(b) The Great Figures.
(c) Anger and Joy.
2. What is MacDonald's first name?
3. What kind of man did Robert turn into?
(a) A drinker.
(b) A womanizer.
(c) The kind who cares for nothing but food.
(d) The kind who cares for nothing but gambling.
4. What does the Female Ghost say that Robert was when hosting parties?
(a) A storyteller.
(b) A great host.
(c) A rogue.
(d) A wet blanket.
5. What is the table made of in Chapter 14?
6. What does the Dwarf ask of Sarah?
(a) If she hated him.
(b) If she missed him.
(c) If she loved him.
(d) If she left him.
7. What does Sarah say that the Dwarf can no longer communicate here?
(a) His wretchedness.
(b) His money.
(c) His glory.
(d) His dominance.
8. MacDonald says that of the Saved, what happens to them is best described as the opposite of what?
(b) A journey.
(c) A mirage.
(d) A mirror.
9. What does the narrator say the Dwarf struggles with terribly?
10. Whom does the narrator realize is leading of the two ghosts who meet Sarah?
(a) The Fat Man.
(b) The Tragedian.
(c) The Dwarf.
(d) The Comic.
11. What approaches the narrator and his guide in the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) A swarm of bees.
(b) A waterfall.
(c) A cloud.
(d) A procession.
12. What did the Hard-Bitten Ghost leave the narrator with?
13. What did Frank torment Sarah with in their earthly life?
(a) His love.
(b) His rage.
(c) His misery.
(d) His hatred.
14. Robert could not work more than how many hours a day?
15. What does the Well-Dressed Ghost say she would rather do than be seen?
(b) Go to Hell.
(d) Meet God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah tell the Tragedian he cannot bring into her?
2. What happens to the Tragedian?
3. What phrase does the Tragedian repeat several times?
4. What does the Female Ghost consider controlling Robert to have been?
5. What does Pam say she'd be perfectly happy if she had?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)