|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator wonder that the whole trip of the Ghosts might be for in Chapter 8?
(a) To torture them.
(b) To cherish them.
(c) To save them.
(d) To mock them.
2. Whom does the narrator realize is leading of the two ghosts who meet Sarah?
(a) The Tragedian.
(b) The Comic.
(c) The Dwarf.
(d) The Fat Man.
3. Who is the glorious woman being praised in Chapter 12?
(a) Sarah Walters.
(b) Sarah Vangrave.
(c) Sarah Williams.
(d) Sarah Smith.
4. What book had the narrator bought when he was 16?
(b) The World Forgotten.
(d) The Bible.
5. What does the Well-Dressed Ghost in the forest tell the Solid One following her?
(a) To help her sleep.
(b) To take her to the mountain.
(c) To take her to her husband.
(d) To leave her alone.
6. What does the Solid One tell the Well-Dressed Ghost to drink the cup of?
7. According to MacDonald there are some who are so occupied with the spreading of Christianity they take no regard for ______ .
8. According to MacDonald where do literary ghosts go to visit?
9. What did the Female Ghost spend hours doing to brighten up their home?
(b) Arranging flowers.
10. What does MacDonald say "isn't enough" among mortals?
11. What does the narrator suddenly see all around in Chapter 14?
(c) Giant forms.
12. Where did Sarah live in her Earthly life?
(c) Golders Green.
13. What does the narrator say the Dwarf struggles with terribly?
14. What was Pam's husband's name?
15. What does the narrator walk toward when he leaves the river?
(a) The bus.
(b) A field.
(c) A forest.
(d) The mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator fear would crush him into the earth in Chapter 8?
2. What does the Tragedian Ghost wear?
3. What appeared to follow the glorious woman who was being praised in Chapter 12?
4. What does the table represent in Chapter 14?
5. What does the Solid Person remind Pam that her son was at first?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)