|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pam say she'd be perfectly happy if she had?
2. What does the Solid Man tell Pam you can't fully love until you love God?
(b) Another creature.
3. What are the small creatures on the table representative of in Chapter 14?
(b) The Great Figures.
(c) Anger and Joy.
(d) The Devil.
4. What does the Female Ghost say that Robert was when hosting parties?
(a) A great host.
(b) A rogue.
(c) A wet blanket.
(d) A storyteller.
5. What does the table represent in Chapter 14?
6. Who says, "Can't you understand anything? Do you really suppose I'm going out there among all those people, like this?"
(a) The Tragedian.
(b) The Dwarf.
(d) The Well-Dressed Ghost.
7. What is MacDonald's first name?
8. What does MacDonald tell the narrator to call this land?
(a) Heaven's Foothills.
(c) The Valley of the Shadow of Life.
(d) The Valley of the Shadow of Death.
9. What does the Solid Person remind Pam that her son was at first?
(a) An abomination.
(b) A miracle.
(c) An accident.
(d) A brat.
10. What does the Female Ghost consider controlling Robert to have been?
(a) Her duty.
(b) Her right.
(c) Her shame.
(d) Her virtue.
11. What does MacDonald say that Hell does not have the power to do over Heaven?
12. According to MacDonald there are some who are so occupied with the spreading of Christianity they take no regard for ______ .
13. What does the narrator say the Dwarf struggles with terribly?
14. What does MacDonald point out as no bigger than the portal which brought the bus to Heaven?
(a) A flea.
(b) A roach.
(c) A bee.
(d) A crack.
15. What does MacDonald say that both good and evil become if full-grown?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Solid Man say that Pam is only using as a means to get to her son?
2. What does Sarah say that pity can be used as?
3. What does Sarah tell the Tragedian he cannot bring into her?
4. Who is Robert to the Ghost who insists on not seeing him?
5. Who is an example of what natural affection turns to in the end if it will not be converted?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)