|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator suddenly see all around in Chapter 14?
(c) Giant forms.
2. What does Sarah say that pity can be used as?
3. What does MacDonald say is young?
(a) Redeemed humanity.
4. What did the Female Ghost keep as a way to make her husband exercise?
(a) A great Dane.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A guitar.
(d) A horse.
5. What kind of man did Robert turn into?
(a) The kind who cares for nothing but food.
(b) A womanizer.
(c) A drinker.
(d) The kind who cares for nothing but gambling.
6. What does the Female Ghost call the Solid Woman to whom she speaks of Robert?
7. Where did Sarah live in her Earthly life?
(a) Golders Green.
8. What was Pam's husband's name?
9. What does the narrator say the Dwarf shrinks to the size of?
(a) A bird.
(b) A flea.
(c) A dog.
(d) A kitten.
10. MacDonald says "The action of pity will live forever, but the _______ of pity will not."
11. What does MacDonald say is the gift that men most resemble the Creator?
12. Which ghost does the narrator encounter in the small clearing in Chapter 8?
(a) The Tragedian.
(b) The Dwarf.
(c) The Well-Dressed Woman.
(d) The Big Man.
13. What does the narrator wonder that the whole trip of the Ghosts might be for in Chapter 8?
(a) To save them.
(b) To torture them.
(c) To cherish them.
(d) To mock them.
14. What is notable about the Dwarf after the Lady kisses him?
(a) Smooth skin.
(c) A hard face.
(d) Black hair.
15. What does the Solid Man tell Pam you can't fully love until you love God?
(c) Another creature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert could not work more than how many hours a day?
2. Whom does the narrator recall the Gods had tortured?
3. What is MacDonald's first name?
4. How much was the Female Ghost's husband "pottering along" on when she met him?
5. What, according to MacDonald, can a horse not sympathize with?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)