|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Pam's husband's name?
2. What does the sunrise shoot dead?
3. What does the Solid Man tell Pam she can't do to anyone in this country?
(a) Worship them.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Hurt them.
(d) Pity them.
4. What does MacDonald ask the narrator if he's ever heard of?
(b) Prometheus Bound.
5. What did Frank torment Sarah with in their earthly life?
(a) His love.
(b) His rage.
(c) His misery.
(d) His hatred.
6. What does the Female Ghost say she did for Robert?
(a) Sacrificed her whole life.
(b) Worshipped him.
(c) Killed herself.
(d) Killed him.
7. What does MacDonald tell the narrator he's been doing all this time in Chapter 14?
8. What is the name of the son whom the Female Ghost is longing to see?
9. What does the Female Ghost say that Robert was when hosting parties?
(a) A rogue.
(b) A wet blanket.
(c) A storyteller.
(d) A great host.
10. MacDonald says that of the Saved, what happens to them is best described as the opposite of what?
(a) A mirage.
(b) A journey.
(c) A mirror.
11. What does MacDonald say "isn't enough" among mortals?
12. What does the Female Ghost call the Solid Woman to whom she speaks of Robert?
13. Who are the young men and women on either side of Sarah, according to MacDonald?
(a) Her sisters and brothers.
(b) Her angels.
(c) Her sons and daughters.
(d) Her lovers.
14. What had Robert not had "a spark of"?
15. What does MacDonald say that all of Hell is no bigger than on Earth?
(a) A tree.
(b) A city.
(c) A pebble.
(d) A garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Solid Man tell Pam you can't fully love until you love God?
2. What did Robert have a "silly idea" of doing in the old days?
3. What is on the table in Chapter 14?
4. Where did Sarah live in her Earthly life?
5. What does Sarah say that the Dwarf can no longer communicate here?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)