|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Pam's husband's name?
2. What does MacDonald say "isn't enough" among mortals?
3. What is notable about the Dwarf after the Lady kisses him?
(a) A hard face.
(c) Smooth skin.
(d) Black hair.
4. What is on the table in Chapter 14?
5. Who is the ghost that MacDonald mentioned stayed in Heaven?
6. What does the Solid Man tell Pam she can't do to anyone in this country?
(a) Pity them.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Worship them.
(d) Hurt them.
7. What is MacDonald's first name?
8. What does the narrator say the Dwarf shrinks to the size of?
(a) A flea.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A bird.
(d) A dog.
9. Who are the young men and women on either side of Sarah, according to MacDonald?
(a) Her sisters and brothers.
(b) Her angels.
(c) Her sons and daughters.
(d) Her lovers.
10. What does MacDonald ask the narrator if he's ever heard of?
(a) Prometheus Bound.
11. What does MacDonald say that Hell does not have the power to do over Heaven?
12. According to MacDonald where do literary ghosts go to visit?
13. Whom does the narrator recall the Gods had tortured?
14. Whom does the narrator realize is leading of the two ghosts who meet Sarah?
(a) The Dwarf.
(b) The Fat Man.
(c) The Tragedian.
(d) The Comic.
15. What comes rushing forth after the Solid One blows the horn in the forest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Solid Man say that Pam is only using as a means to get to her son?
2. Who is an example of what natural affection turns to in the end if it will not be converted?
3. What does MacDonald say that both good and evil become if full-grown?
4. What is the name of the son whom the Female Ghost is longing to see?
5. Who wrote, "Tis better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven?"
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)