|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Can't you understand anything? Do you really suppose I'm going out there among all those people, like this?"
(a) The Tragedian.
(c) The Well-Dressed Ghost.
(d) The Dwarf.
2. What does MacDonald say that Heaven is?
(a) God's lap.
(b) Reality itself.
(c) A state of mind.
(d) A garden.
3. According to MacDonald there are some who are so occupied with the spreading of Christianity they take no regard for ______ .
4. What is the name of the Solid Man who meets the Female Ghost looking for her son?
5. What does MacDonald say is young?
(a) Redeemed humanity.
6. What book had the narrator bought when he was 16?
(a) The World Forgotten.
(c) The Bible.
7. What does MacDonald point out as no bigger than the portal which brought the bus to Heaven?
(a) A crack.
(b) A bee.
(c) A roach.
(d) A flea.
8. What kind of man did Robert turn into?
(a) A womanizer.
(b) The kind who cares for nothing but gambling.
(c) A drinker.
(d) The kind who cares for nothing but food.
9. What, according to MacDonald, can a horse not sympathize with?
(a) A rat.
(b) A roach.
(c) A man.
(d) An angel.
10. What approaches the narrator and his guide in the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) A swarm of bees.
(b) A cloud.
(c) A procession.
(d) A waterfall.
11. What phrase does the Tragedian repeat several times?
(a) "Wallowing in my own shame."
(b) "Lying dead at my feet."
(c) "Crying for her."
(d) "Leaving me."
12. What does MacDonald say that both good and evil become if full-grown?
13. What does the Female Ghost call the Solid Woman to whom she speaks of Robert?
14. What does Pam say she'd be perfectly happy if she had?
15. What is MacDonald's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to MacDonald where do literary ghosts go to visit?
2. What does the Solid Man tell Pam she can't do to anyone in this country?
3. What in the song sung by the followers of Sarah cannot scare her in the night?
4. What is the name of the son whom the Female Ghost is longing to see?
5. What does Sarah tell the Tragedian he cannot bring into her?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)