|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Solid Person remind Pam that her son was at first?
(a) An accident.
(b) A brat.
(c) A miracle.
(d) An abomination.
2. Who is Robert to the Ghost who insists on not seeing him?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her son.
3. What is MacDonald's first name?
4. Who is the glorious woman being praised in Chapter 12?
(a) Sarah Vangrave.
(b) Sarah Smith.
(c) Sarah Williams.
(d) Sarah Walters.
5. What does the Female Ghost consider controlling Robert to have been?
(a) Her right.
(b) Her duty.
(c) Her virtue.
(d) Her shame.
6. Who wrote, "Tis better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven?"
(c) C. S. Lewis.
7. What does the narrator say the Dwarf struggles with terribly?
8. What creature is on the shoulder of the Ghost in the forest?
(a) A frog.
(b) A bird.
(c) A lizard.
(d) A gnome.
9. What does the Solid One tell the Well-Dressed Ghost to drink the cup of?
10. Who is an example of what natural affection turns to in the end if it will not be converted?
(a) The Guthries.
(b) The Andersons.
(c) The Browns.
(d) The Kennedys.
11. How much was the Female Ghost's husband "pottering along" on when she met him?
(a) 1,000 a year.
(b) 600 a year.
(c) 10,000 a year.
(d) 400 a year.
12. What phrase does the Tragedian repeat several times?
(a) "Lying dead at my feet."
(b) "Leaving me."
(c) "Wallowing in my own shame."
(d) "Crying for her."
13. What does MacDonald point out as no bigger than the portal which brought the bus to Heaven?
(a) A crack.
(b) A roach.
(c) A bee.
(d) A flea.
14. Why does MacDonald explain that Sarah couldn't go to Hell?
(a) She didn't want to.
(b) She couldn't fit.
(c) She wasn't allowed.
(d) She was too ungrateful.
15. What does the narrator suddenly see all around in Chapter 14?
(b) Giant forms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Female Ghost spend hours doing to brighten up their home?
2. What, according to MacDonald, is easier mistaken for gold than clay?
3. What book had the narrator bought when he was 16?
4. What are the small creatures on the table representative of in Chapter 14?
5. What did Robert have a "silly idea" of doing in the old days?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)