|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the narrator recall the Gods had tortured?
2. What does MacDonald say is young?
(d) Redeemed humanity.
3. Who is Robert to the Ghost who insists on not seeing him?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her father.
4. Who is the glorious woman being praised in Chapter 12?
(a) Sarah Walters.
(b) Sarah Vangrave.
(c) Sarah Williams.
(d) Sarah Smith.
5. How much was the Female Ghost's husband "pottering along" on when she met him?
(a) 1,000 a year.
(b) 10,000 a year.
(c) 400 a year.
(d) 600 a year.
6. Who are the young men and women on either side of Sarah, according to MacDonald?
(a) Her angels.
(b) Her lovers.
(c) Her sisters and brothers.
(d) Her sons and daughters.
7. What does the Solid Person remind Pam that her son was at first?
(a) A brat.
(b) An abomination.
(c) A miracle.
(d) An accident.
8. What does the Solid Man tell Pam she can't do to anyone in this country?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Pity them.
(c) Hurt them.
(d) Worship them.
9. What did Robert have a "silly idea" of doing in the old days?
(a) Selling his paintings.
(b) Writing a book.
(c) Making a statue.
(d) Buying a shop.
10. What did the Hard-Bitten Ghost leave the narrator with?
11. What does MacDonald point out as no bigger than the portal which brought the bus to Heaven?
(a) A bee.
(b) A flea.
(c) A crack.
(d) A roach.
12. Where does MacDonald say that most of the Ghosts go for their "vacations"?
13. What happens to the Tragedian?
(a) He lights on fire.
(b) He melts.
(c) He disappears.
(d) He explodes.
14. What does Sarah tell the Tragedian he cannot bring into her?
15. What does the narrator say the Dwarf struggles with terribly?
Short Answer Questions
1. What approaches the narrator and his guide in the beginning of Chapter 12?
2. What does MacDonald say "isn't enough" among mortals?
3. What does MacDonald say that both good and evil become if full-grown?
4. What does the Solid One tell the Well-Dressed Ghost he can't completely do?
5. What is MacDonald's first name?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)