|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Solid Man tell Pam she can't do to anyone in this country?
(a) Worship them.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Pity them.
(d) Hurt them.
2. What does MacDonald say is young?
(c) Redeemed humanity.
3. What in the song sung by the followers of Sarah cannot scare her in the night?
(a) The angels.
(b) The bogies.
(c) The demons.
(d) The ghosts.
4. Who is the ghost that MacDonald mentioned stayed in Heaven?
5. What happens to the Tragedian?
(a) He lights on fire.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He melts.
(d) He explodes.
6. What was clearer here for the narrator than on Earth, according to MacDonald?
(a) The love.
(b) The life.
(c) The death.
(d) The lens.
7. What does MacDonald say is the gift that men most resemble the Creator?
8. MacDonald says that of the Saved, what happens to them is best described as the opposite of what?
(a) A mirror.
(b) A journey.
(d) A mirage.
9. Who says, "Can't you understand anything? Do you really suppose I'm going out there among all those people, like this?"
(a) The Well-Dressed Ghost.
(b) The Tragedian.
(c) The Dwarf.
10. What did Robert have a "silly idea" of doing in the old days?
(a) Selling his paintings.
(b) Writing a book.
(c) Making a statue.
(d) Buying a shop.
11. What does MacDonald ask the narrator if he's ever heard of?
(a) Prometheus Bound.
12. What does MacDonald say that Heaven is?
(a) Reality itself.
(b) A state of mind.
(c) God's lap.
(d) A garden.
13. What does Pam say she'd be perfectly happy if she had?
14. What does MacDonald say that Hell does not have the power to do over Heaven?
15. What does the Solid Man tell Pam you can't fully love until you love God?
(c) Another creature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Solid Man who meets the Female Ghost looking for her son?
2. What does MacDonald tell the narrator to call this land?
3. What does MacDonald say that both good and evil become if full-grown?
4. According to MacDonald there are some who are so occupied with the spreading of Christianity they take no regard for ______ .
5. What does the narrator fear would crush him into the earth in Chapter 8?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)