|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does MacDonald say that Hell does not have the power to do over Heaven?
2. What did the Female Ghost spend hours doing to brighten up their home?
(d) Arranging flowers.
3. Who says, "Can't you understand anything? Do you really suppose I'm going out there among all those people, like this?"
(a) The Tragedian.
(b) The Well-Dressed Ghost.
(c) The Dwarf.
4. What phrase does the Tragedian repeat several times?
(a) "Crying for her."
(b) "Wallowing in my own shame."
(c) "Lying dead at my feet."
(d) "Leaving me."
5. What approaches the narrator and his guide in the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) A procession.
(b) A swarm of bees.
(c) A waterfall.
(d) A cloud.
6. What had Robert not had "a spark of"?
7. What does Sarah say that pity can be used as?
8. What does Sarah call the Dwarf?
9. What is MacDonald's first name?
10. According to MacDonald where do literary ghosts go to visit?
11. What does MacDonald say that all of Hell is no bigger than on Earth?
(a) A tree.
(b) A city.
(c) A garden.
(d) A pebble.
12. Whom does the narrator recall the Gods had tortured?
13. What does Pam say she'd be perfectly happy if she had?
14. What was clearer here for the narrator than on Earth, according to MacDonald?
(a) The death.
(b) The life.
(c) The love.
(d) The lens.
15. What does the Dwarf ask of Sarah?
(a) If she missed him.
(b) If she left him.
(c) If she loved him.
(d) If she hated him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does MacDonald say that Heaven is?
2. What is notable about the Dwarf after the Lady kisses him?
3. How much was the Female Ghost's husband "pottering along" on when she met him?
4. What is the name of the son whom the Female Ghost is longing to see?
5. What happens to the Tragedian?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)