|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was the Female Ghost's husband "pottering along" on when she met him?
(a) 1,000 a year.
(b) 600 a year.
(c) 400 a year.
(d) 10,000 a year.
2. What does the narrator suddenly see all around in Chapter 14?
(a) Giant forms.
3. What is the name of the Solid Man who meets the Female Ghost looking for her son?
4. What does the Solid Man tell Pam she can't do to anyone in this country?
(a) Pity them.
(b) Worship them.
(c) Hurt them.
(d) Kill them.
5. What does the Solid Man say that Pam is only using as a means to get to her son?
6. According to MacDonald there are some who are so occupied with the spreading of Christianity they take no regard for ______ .
7. What did the Female Ghost keep as a way to make her husband exercise?
(a) A great Dane.
(b) A guitar.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A horse.
8. What does the Tragedian Ghost wear?
(a) White gloves.
(c) A mask.
(d) A black hat.
9. What does the sunrise shoot dead?
10. What does the Solid Person remind Pam that her son was at first?
(a) An abomination.
(b) A brat.
(c) A miracle.
(d) An accident.
11. What does the Well-Dressed Ghost say she would rather do than be seen?
(a) Go to Hell.
(c) Meet God.
12. What comes rushing forth after the Solid One blows the horn in the forest?
13. Who says, "Can't you understand anything? Do you really suppose I'm going out there among all those people, like this?"
(a) The Well-Dressed Ghost.
(b) The Dwarf.
(d) The Tragedian.
14. What does MacDonald ask the narrator if he's ever heard of?
(c) Prometheus Bound.
15. What, according to MacDonald, is easier mistaken for gold than clay?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sarah live in her Earthly life?
2. What was Pam's husband's name?
3. What does the narrator say the Dwarf shrinks to the size of?
4. Why does MacDonald explain that Sarah couldn't go to Hell?
5. What approaches the narrator and his guide in the beginning of Chapter 12?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)