|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah say that pity can be used as?
2. What kind of man did Robert turn into?
(a) A womanizer.
(b) The kind who cares for nothing but gambling.
(c) A drinker.
(d) The kind who cares for nothing but food.
3. MacDonald says that of the Saved, what happens to them is best described as the opposite of what?
(a) A journey.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A mirage.
4. What does the narrator wonder that the whole trip of the Ghosts might be for in Chapter 8?
(a) To save them.
(b) To torture them.
(c) To mock them.
(d) To cherish them.
5. What does MacDonald tell the narrator to call this land?
(a) Heaven's Foothills.
(b) The Valley of the Shadow of Death.
(c) The Valley of the Shadow of Life.
6. What does the Tragedian Ghost wear?
(b) A mask.
(c) White gloves.
(d) A black hat.
7. What does MacDonald say that all of Hell is no bigger than on Earth?
(a) A tree.
(b) A pebble.
(c) A garden.
(d) A city.
8. Which ghost does the narrator encounter in the small clearing in Chapter 8?
(a) The Big Man.
(b) The Dwarf.
(c) The Tragedian.
(d) The Well-Dressed Woman.
9. What comes rushing forth after the Solid One blows the horn in the forest?
10. What does the narrator suddenly see all around in Chapter 14?
(d) Giant forms.
11. What does the Dwarf ask of Sarah?
(a) If she missed him.
(b) If she hated him.
(c) If she left him.
(d) If she loved him.
12. MacDonald says "The action of pity will live forever, but the _______ of pity will not."
13. Who is Robert to the Ghost who insists on not seeing him?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her father.
14. What does the Female Ghost say that Robert was when hosting parties?
(a) A wet blanket.
(b) A rogue.
(c) A storyteller.
(d) A great host.
15. What does MacDonald say that Hell does not have the power to do over Heaven?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pam say she'd be perfectly happy if she had?
2. What does Sarah say that the Dwarf can no longer communicate here?
3. What does the table represent in Chapter 14?
4. What does the narrator say the Dwarf struggles with terribly?
5. What was Pam's husband's name?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)