|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Solid Man tell the Big Man there is none of here?
(c) Private affairs.
2. What does the narrator see in the hawthorn bush?
(a) A dwarf.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A lion.
(d) A dog.
3. What does the ghost by the tree say that Hell is?
(a) A flop.
(b) A joy.
4. What lands on Ikey's head once the wind blows?
5. How far does the narrator make it walking for an hour in Chapter 6?
(a) Three feet.
(b) 200 yards.
(c) 100 yards.
(d) One kilometer.
6. Why does the man on the bus say that you don't meet historical characters in the gray town?
(a) They live millions of miles away.
(b) They are all deaf.
(c) They are all blind.
(d) They are snobbish.
7. What does the Solid Man who speaks to the Big Man say can't be done here?
(a) Nothing can be loved.
(b) Nothing can be saved.
(c) Nothing can be bought.
(d) Nothing can be free.
8. What kind of sins do Dick and the Ghost speak about?
(a) Minor sins.
(b) Sins of the flesh.
(c) Cardinal sins.
(d) Intellectual sins.
9. After exiting the bus, what does the narrator realize the other passengers are?
10. What does the face of the Bright Man who approaches the Big Ghost make the narrator want to do?
11. What animals does the narrator encounter in the beginning of Chapter 5?
12. How long does it take Ikey to reach the great tree as the narrator watches?
(a) A moment.
(b) A week.
(c) An hour.
(d) A day.
13. What does the Big Man call it when he learns that the Solid Man was sent for him?
(a) A triumph.
(b) A trick.
(c) A joy.
(d) A reward.
14. Who asks the bus driver when they have to be back?
(a) The narrator.
(b) The Small Man.
(c) The Woman.
(d) The Big Man.
15. What does one ghost remark the money for the bus would be better spent on?
(c) House property.
(d) The homeless.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about the people approaching from the mountain than the passengers on the bus?
2. What does the man on the bus say is lacking in the gray town?
3. How far is the bus stop from the Civic Center?
4. What sound does the narrator hear from the stillness of the open door before he exits the bus?
5. Where is the one place the narrator encounters people in the gray town?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)