Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. Describe the setting in which the narrator finds himself in at the beginning of the book.
2. How does the narrator move two spaces in line after he joins in waiting?
3. What happens to the Short Man in the line next to the narrator?
4. Describe the bus and the bus driver.
5. Where does the narrator sit on the bus? Who joins him? What does this character impart?
6. Why does the Young Man tell the narrator he is going on...
This section contains 1,020 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)