|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, according to the Hard-Bitten Ghost, was Mother always in the same firm with?
(d) Her children.
2. What does MacDonald ask the narrator if he's ever heard of?
(a) Prometheus Bound.
3. What looms ever closer in the beginning of Chapter 3 as the bus rises?
(a) An ocean.
(b) A bird.
(c) A cliff.
(d) A lake.
4. What does the Solid Man who speaks to the Big Man say can't be done here?
(a) Nothing can be loved.
(b) Nothing can be free.
(c) Nothing can be bought.
(d) Nothing can be saved.
5. What does the Big Man repeatedly insist on getting?
(a) His money.
(d) His rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator walk toward when he leaves the river?
2. Where is the one place the narrator encounters people in the gray town?
3. What does the Solid One tell the Well-Dressed Ghost he can't completely do?
4. What lands on Ikey's head once the wind blows?
5. How much does a man in line offer the woman to trade places?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)