|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Female Ghost consider controlling Robert to have been?
(a) Her virtue.
(b) Her shame.
(c) Her right.
(d) Her duty.
2. What does the woman in the line say to the man she's with?
(a) "I told you I didn't want to come here."
(b) "Hurry up. We're late."
(c) "Very well then. I won't go at all."
(d) "It's all your fault we're going anyway."
3. Why does the man on the bus say that you don't meet historical characters in the gray town?
(a) They are snobbish.
(b) They are all blind.
(c) They are all deaf.
(d) They live millions of miles away.
4. What speaks in the booming voice to Ikey?
(a) The grass.
(b) The trees.
(c) The forest.
(d) The waterfall.
5. What does the narrator say is heavier than a sack of coal?
(a) His clothes.
(b) A bird.
(c) His feet.
(d) A leaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Female Ghost call the Solid Woman to whom she speaks of Robert?
2. What is different about the people approaching from the mountain than the passengers on the bus?
3. Who says, "You'll be justifying the Inquisition in a moment?"
4. Who comes to sit next to the narrator on the bus?
5. What proves difficult for the narrator when wandering the new land?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)