|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has become almost unbearable for the narrator at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) The light.
(b) The sounds.
(c) The warmth.
(d) The height.
2. Why does Dick tell the Ghost he was sent to Hell?
(a) He was lustful.
(b) He beat his wife.
(c) He was greedy.
(d) He's an apostate.
3. How much does a man in line offer the woman to trade places?
(b) Three bob.
(c) Five bob.
(d) Two bob.
4. What does the Solid Man who speaks to the Big Man say can't be done here?
(a) Nothing can be saved.
(b) Nothing can be loved.
(c) Nothing can be bought.
(d) Nothing can be free.
5. What does the Ghost tell Dick that his opinions in life were, in addition to being honest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about the people approaching from the mountain than the passengers on the bus?
2. After exiting the bus, what does the narrator realize the other passengers are?
3. Why does the man on the bus say that you don't meet historical characters in the gray town?
4. What was Napoleon doing when the two men went to see him?
5. What does the Solid Man tell the Big Man there is none of here?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)