1. From what point of view is the story told?
(a) Third person.
(b) Second person.
(c) First person plural.
(d) First person singular.
2. What time of day is it when the story begins?
3. Where is the one place the narrator encounters people in the gray town?
(a) The bus stop.
(b) The airport.
(c) The bookstore.
(d) The train station.
4. What word does the narrator use to describe the streets in the gray town?
5. What does the woman in the line say to the man she's with?
(a) "Hurry up. We're late."
(b) "Very well then. I won't go at all."
(c) "I told you I didn't want to come here."
(d) "It's all your fault we're going anyway."
6. What does the Short Man think about the people in the line?
(a) They are too rich for his taste.
(b) They are beautiful.
(c) They are disgraceful.
(d) They aren't the society he's used to.
This section contains 3,699 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)