|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what month of the year is the first cable car sent across the East River?
2. In a glowing report in "The Eagle" about bridge construction, who is the only member of the project management left out of the article?
3. What is the nickname of New York Mayor John Kelly?
(a) "Honest John."
(b) "Kind John."
(c) "Wild John."
(d) "Crazy John."
4. By what year does Murphy predict the bridge will be complete?
5. What does "The Heroic Mode" promise to cure?
(b) Weak metal frames.
(d) The bends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Murphy die?
2. Which state does Gouverneur Kemble (G.K.) map while he is a teenager?
3. What part of the Brooklyn Bridge does Hildebrand design?
4. How many miles of wire are held inside each drum?
5. In total, how much does the Brooklyn Bridge cost to build?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the "rope fall" of 1878?
2. How did Emily Warren help keep the Brooklyn Bridge project afloat when her husband became ill?
3. What problem do local reporters have with the temporary footbridge put into place for workers who are "spinning" up the bridge?
4. How does Emily help Washington celebrate the bridge's completion?
5. What happens on Thanksgiving day during the time the wires are being strung up?
6. How did the newspapers react to Emily's involvement in the Bridge project?
7. How does Washington resign from office, and what is his life like after his resignation?
8. How does Ferrington react to being chosen as the first man to cross the Brooklyn Bridge?
9. What happens when Low takes Roebling to court for management power?
10. What effects does Smith see the bends has on workers circulatory systems?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)