|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe Emily Warren?
2. Who is Seth Low?
(a) New York Mayor.
(b) Brooklyn Governor.
(c) New York Governor.
(d) Brooklyn Mayor.
3. How many tons of wire are needed to suspend the Brooklyn Bridge?
(a) 10 tons.
(b) 78 tons.
(c) 120 tons.
(d) 56 tons.
4. During what month of the year is the first cable car sent across the East River?
5. When the cable car successfully travels from Brooklyn to Manhattan, what do the newspapers dub the journey?
(a) The Perfect Pandemonium.
(b) The Perfect Project.
(c) The Perfect Promise.
(d) The Perfect Passage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Seth Low's father do for a living?
2. What is Theodore Cooper hired to investigate at the bridge site?
3. How many photographers are hired to capture the opening of the Brooklyn Bridge.
4. Who demands that all committee members be banned from entering their companies into the wire contract competition?
5. What does "The Heroic Mode" promise to cure?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem do local reporters have with the temporary footbridge put into place for workers who are "spinning" up the bridge?
2. What lifestyle does Dr. Smith notice of the men living in the tenements near the construction site?
3. What is life like for Washington Roebling during the three years he is forced to live in Trenton?
4. How did Haigh succeed in getting faulty wires past the inspectors for construction?
5. How does New York City react to Roebling's request for an additional $600,000 to strengthen the bridge's trusses?
6. How does Ferrington react to being chosen as the first man to cross the Brooklyn Bridge?
7. What symptoms of the Bends does Dr. Smith encounter during his research of the disease?
8. How did Emily Warren help keep the Brooklyn Bridge project afloat when her husband became ill?
9. Why does Roebling decide to make a public appearance before the completion of the bridge, and how does he look to the public?
10. How does Emily help Washington celebrate the bridge's completion?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)