|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a color used in the decoration scheme for the bridge's celebration?
2. How much deeper are the caissons on the Manhattan side of the bridge than on the Brooklyn side?
(a) Four times as deep.
(b) Three times as deep.
(c) They are the same depth.
(d) Twice as deep.
3. As the bridge nears completion, how do young trustees feel about Roebling?
(a) They are apathetic to him.
(b) They find him annoying.
(c) They imagine him as a god-like figure.
(d) They don't know who he is.
4. Why does Roebling want to add 1,000 pounds of trusses to the Brooklyn Bridge?
(a) To support trains.
(b) To support the Brooklyn marathon.
(c) To support rush hour traffic.
(d) To support airplanes, should they need to land unexpectedly.
5. How many people gather to watch the first cable car cross the East River?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many anchor bars hold the Brooklyn Bridge together?
2. What is the name of the day people celebrated the completion of the Brooklyn Bridge?
3. How many companies bid for the lucrative wire contract?
4. Which of the following is NOT a weather that slows down the spinning process on the bridge?
5. How long does it take the cable car to cross the East River?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Low takes Roebling to court for management power?
2. How does Washington resign from office, and what is his life like after his resignation?
3. What is life like for Washington Roebling during the three years he is forced to live in Trenton?
4. How do the crowds react to the first wires being suspended from the Brooklyn Bridge?
5. What happens during the "rope fall" of 1878?
6. How did the newspapers react to Emily's involvement in the Bridge project?
7. How did non-ticketholders find a way to join in the celebration of the opening of the Brooklyn Bridge?
8. How does Ferrington react to being chosen as the first man to cross the Brooklyn Bridge?
9. How did Emily Warren help keep the Brooklyn Bridge project afloat when her husband became ill?
10. How does Emily help Washington celebrate the bridge's completion?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)