|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following diseases eventually kills John Roebling?
2. Who does Kingsley voice a tirade against?
(a) The ferry company.
(b) Vagabonds and Scoundrals.
(c) Theives and Gluttons.
(d) All who are guilty of sin.
3. How long are the shifts Roebling's men endure on a daily basis?
(a) 15 hours.
(b) 24 hours.
(c) 8 hours.
(d) 12 hours.
4. How many copies of the committee's formal approval of the Brooklyn Bridge are made and circulated?
5. Which river in Pennsylvania does John famously carry the canal across?
(a) The Allegheney River.
(b) The Vaugn River.
(c) The Monongahela River
(d) The Ohio River.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Bridge committee think Washington is missing from his father's spirit?
2. Which of the following names is NOT one of the engineers who attempts to build a bridge in this chapter?
3. Which of the following poets is a supporter of Roebling's bridge project?
4. What are the New York aldermen nicknamed in the 1850s?
5. What is the name of the park that commemorates the inception of the Brooklyn Bridge plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was John Roebling so devastated when his wife, Johanna, died?
2. How did John Roebling find himself moving to America?
3. How are the streets of Manhattan described in the 1850s?
4. At the age of 63, to what did John Roebling attribute his long life?
5. What lessons on love did Washington learn while away from his family?
6. How does John Roebling die?
7. How does John Roebling find himself in the operating room in the first days of the Brooklyn Bridge's construction?
8. What two conclusions do "The Genuine Language of America" make about the Bridge Party?
9. How did James Eads find himself in the bridge building business?
10. How does John Roebling divide his estate after death?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)