|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a modern technology invented during the time Roebling worked on the Great Bridge?
(a) Modern Plumbing.
(c) Electric Lighting.
2. Who demands that all committee members be banned from entering their companies into the wire contract competition?
3. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe Emily Warren?
4. Which of the following is NOT a symptom of the bends in workers?
(c) Joint pains.
(d) Shriveled fingers.
5. What does Seth Low's father do for a living?
(a) He is a steel engineer.
(b) He is a silk manufacturer.
(c) He is a cherry picker.
(d) He is a soy farmer.
6. Which contract for the Brooklyn Bridge is awarded to the corrupt Haighs?
7. Which of Roebling's strange behaviors lead trustees to question his mental capabilities?
(a) He drinks heavily.
(b) He refuses to show up for meetings.
(c) He dreses in women's clothing.
(d) He laughs through newspaper interviews.
8. Of the following commuters, which has to pay the lowest bridge toll?
(a) Horse drivers.
(d) Sheep and hog drivers.
9. Which of the following subjects is Emily Warren most interested in as a child?
10. In total, how much does the Brooklyn Bridge cost to build?
(a) $15 million.
(b) $5 million.
(c) $10 million.
(d) $20 million.
11. What is the name of the day people celebrated the completion of the Brooklyn Bridge?
(a) "The Day of the Great Bridge."
(b) "The People's Day."
(c) "Bridge Day."
(d) "Roebling's Day."
12. How many photographers are hired to capture the opening of the Brooklyn Bridge.
13. How many miles of wire are held inside each drum?
(a) Ten miles.
(b) Five miles.
(c) Three miles.
(d) Eight miles.
14. Which newspaper coins the term "The Gigantic Spinning Machine?"
(a) The Tribune.
(b) The Eagle.
(c) The Times.
(d) The Herald.
15. How does Murphy die?
(a) In a ferry accident.
(b) In an automobile crash.
(c) From pneumonia.
(d) From old age.
Short Answer Questions
1. While on strike, how much do the workers demand for a four-hour shift, to return to work?
2. Who writes Roebling's letter of resignation from the bridge project?
3. How old is the Long Island boy who volunteers to be the first person to cross the bridge?
4. What is Theodore Cooper hired to investigate at the bridge site?
5. What part of the Brooklyn Bridge does Hildebrand design?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)