|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Washington's wife?
2. Which of the following precautions is NOT installed by Roebling previous to the fire?
(a) Steam pipes.
(b) Fire extingishers.
(d) Water buckets.
3. How many men are responsible for the fire that nearly destroys the caisson?
4. Which of the following subjects does John Roebling study in school as a teenager?
5. What is the name of the lumber company that falls under suspicion of scandal?
(a) Gold Lumber.
(b) Saw and Mill.
(c) Stump and Saw.
6. How many children does John and his wife Johanna have?
7. What expensive gem does Tweed encrust over everything at his daughter's wedding?
8. Which of the following is NOT something increased in bridges by the use of stays?
9. Which of the following adjectives best describes William Tweed's business style?
10. For how many days does John Roebling suffer before he finally dies?
(a) 14 days.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 33 days.
(d) 21 days.
11. How does the public react to the working conditions Roebling's men endure in the caissons?
(a) They are outraged.
(b) They are terrified.
(c) They are fascinated.
(d) They are confused.
12. What does Thomas Pope call the bridge that would one day join Manhattan to Brooklyn?
(a) The Bridge of Dreams.
(b) The Rainbow Bridge.
(c) The Bridge Spectacular.
(d) The Great Bridge.
13. How might Kingsley describe his desire to become a well-known politician in New York?
(a) As a completely nonexistant desire.
(b) As an all emcompassing desire.
(c) As a pipe dream.
(d) As a wistful imagination.
14. By the time Roebling's bridge is launched, how many of his workers have died on the job?
15. Which of the following is NOT a name Roebling's project carries at some point during its process?
(a) The Spectacular Project.
(b) The Roebling Project.
(c) The New York Project.
(d) The Empire Project.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pastors preach at John Roebling's funeral?
2. Which of the following is NOT a project John works on before starting to build bridges?
3. What are "The Eagle" and "The Union?"
4. Which of the following is a nickname for Brooklyn?
5. How much additional cost is incurred in order to widen the Brooklyn Bridge?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)