|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes William Tweed's business style?
2. Which of the following precautions is NOT installed by Roebling previous to the fire?
(b) Water buckets.
(c) Steam pipes.
(d) Fire extingishers.
3. How many weeks vacation does Kingsley take after news of his scandal breaks out in the papers?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Eight weeks.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
4. What does Thomas Pope call the bridge that would one day join Manhattan to Brooklyn?
(a) The Rainbow Bridge.
(b) The Bridge Spectacular.
(c) The Bridge of Dreams.
(d) The Great Bridge.
5. Which river in Pennsylvania does John famously carry the canal across?
(a) The Ohio River.
(b) The Allegheney River.
(c) The Monongahela River
(d) The Vaugn River.
6. Which two substances are used to build the towers that hold the Brooklyn Bridge?
(a) Granite and Limestone.
(b) Cement and Asphalt.
(c) Cement and Limestone.
(d) Asphalt and Granite.
7. What is the name of the lumber company that falls under suspicion of scandal?
(a) Saw and Mill.
(b) Stump and Saw.
(c) Gold Lumber.
8. What does Murphy claim the engineers of the Brooklyn Bridge have a license to do?
9. Which of the following is NOT a name Roebling's project carries at some point during its process?
(a) The Empire Project.
(b) The New York Project.
(c) The Spectacular Project.
(d) The Roebling Project.
10. What is Roebling rubbed down with to return his circulation?
(a) Hemp and Cloves.
(b) Tea and Butter.
(c) Sugar and Lime.
(d) Salt and Whiskey.
11. What is the one day of the week Roebling does not ask his men to come in for work?
12. What does John A. Roebling do for a living?
(a) He is an engineer.
(b) He is a physicist.
(c) He is dentist.
(d) He is a psychologist.
13. What is the name of Washington's wife?
14. What is the name of the Brooklyn neighborhood where the elite live, overlooking the ocean?
(a) The Heights.
(b) The Hamptons.
(c) The Cliffs.
(d) The Parlor.
15. Who do the newspapers label a quack?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following poets is a supporter of Roebling's bridge project?
2. How many men are killed during the river's "Great Blowout?"
3. What instrument does Washington play?
4. By the time Roebling's bridge is launched, how many of his workers have died on the job?
5. Who does Kingsley voice a tirade against?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)