|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is another name for "The Bends?"
(a) Tunnel disease.
(b) Caisson disease.
(c) Bridge disease.
(d) Roebling disease.
2. What is the one day of the week Roebling does not ask his men to come in for work?
3. How many companies bid for the lucrative wire contract?
4. How old is the Long Island boy who volunteers to be the first person to cross the bridge?
5. How long did it take Roebling to build the Allegheny Bridge?
(a) 17 years.
(b) 11 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 23 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the handles on the workers' temporary foot bridge?
2. For how many days does John Roebling suffer before he finally dies?
3. Which state does Gouverneur Kemble (G.K.) map while he is a teenager?
4. How fast will the cable cars that travel the Brooklyn Bridge travel?
5. Who is Seth Low?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)