|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the newspapers blame for the fire that spreads through the caisson?
(a) The dangerous elements.
(c) The ferry workers.
2. Which of the following is NOT something increased in bridges by the use of stays?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the titles given to John Roeblings by the business community after his death?
4. When the cable car successfully travels from Brooklyn to Manhattan, what do the newspapers dub the journey?
(a) The Perfect Promise.
(b) The Perfect Project.
(c) The Perfect Passage.
(d) The Perfect Pandemonium.
5. Which of the following is another name for "The Bends?"
(a) Roebling disease.
(b) Tunnel disease.
(c) Caisson disease.
(d) Bridge disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of business does John Roebling start from scratch?
2. How many men are killed during the river's "Great Blowout?"
3. Which river in Pennsylvania does John famously carry the canal across?
4. How long is the bridge Roebling builds across the Niagara Falls?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes William Tweed's business style?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)