|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following diseases eventually kills John Roebling?
2. What is the name of the worker who dies from the bends within a half hour of being down in the caisson?
(a) Thomas O'Mally.
(b) Peter Frank.
(c) John Myers.
(d) Francis Bender.
3. How many children does John and his wife Johanna have?
4. Which of the following modes of transportation stops the construction of "The Biggest Bridge in the World" in 1846?
(c) Passenger trains.
5. Which of the following is a nickname for Brooklyn?
(a) The City of Love.
(b) The City of Churches.
(c) The City of Rivers.
(d) The City of Rainbows.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the Brooklyn Bridge's construction costs is New York City expected to pay?
2. Which river in Pennsylvania does John famously carry the canal across?
3. How many men are killed during the river's "Great Blowout?"
4. What governmental position does business owner Tilden have when he competes for the lucrative wire contract in the bridge project?
5. Over what river is the first suspension bridge ever built?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)