|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are "The Eagle" and "The Union?"
(a) Ferry boats.
(b) Suggestions for bridge names.
(c) Secret code names.
2. What is the name of the Brooklyn neighborhood where the elite live, overlooking the ocean?
(a) The Parlor.
(b) The Cliffs.
(c) The Hamptons.
(d) The Heights.
3. Who does "The Genuine Language of America" dub the "heroes of the Age of Progress?"
(a) Construction workers.
4. How many tons of wire are needed to suspend the Brooklyn Bridge?
(a) 10 tons.
(b) 78 tons.
(c) 56 tons.
(d) 120 tons.
5. Over what river is the first suspension bridge ever built?
(a) Michael's Creek.
(b) Thomas' Creek.
(c) Jacob's Creek.
(d) John's Creek.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are responsible for the fire that nearly destroys the caisson?
2. In what city does John Roebling stay while talks of the Brooklyn Bridge reach completion?
3. Which political party does Tweed align himself with in the novel?
4. What type of business does John Roebling start from scratch?
5. How many weeks vacation does Kingsley take after news of his scandal breaks out in the papers?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)