|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are "The Eagle" and "The Union?"
(a) Secret code names.
(b) Suggestions for bridge names.
(d) Ferry boats.
2. What are the giant boxes of compressed air used to anchor bridges called?
3. In a glowing report in "The Eagle" about bridge construction, who is the only member of the project management left out of the article?
4. How is Blake killed?
(a) He is hit by a snapped wire.
(b) He dies from "the bends".
(c) He drowns.
(d) He falls through his safety harness.
5. What is the name of the park that commemorates the inception of the Brooklyn Bridge plan?
(a) Owl Head Park.
(b) Deer Valley Park.
(c) Turtle Crossing Park.
(d) Squirrel Nest Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Murphy graduate law school?
2. How much is the wire contract valued at?
3. Which of the following is NOT a name Roebling's project carries at some point during its process?
4. In which of the following school subjects does Tweed excel?
5. Which two substances are used to build the towers that hold the Brooklyn Bridge?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)