|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men are responsible for the fire that nearly destroys the caisson?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes William Tweed's business style?
3. What part of the Brooklyn Bridge does Hildebrand design?
(a) The caissons.
(b) The towers.
(c) The archway.
(d) The footbridge.
4. In what country is Tweed finally arrested?
5. Over what river is the first suspension bridge ever built?
(a) Jacob's Creek.
(b) John's Creek.
(c) Michael's Creek.
(d) Thomas' Creek.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an adjective Brooklyners use to describe the ferry boats they traditionally use to cross to Manhattan?
2. Who does "The Genuine Language of America" dub the "heroes of the Age of Progress?"
3. What staggering amount of money has John Roebling earned at the time his wife dies in 1864?
4. Who is Lucia Cooper?
5. By the time Roebling's bridge is launched, how many of his workers have died on the job?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)