|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Washington play?
(a) The harp.
(b) The piano.
(c) The flute.
(d) The banjo.
2. Which of the following poets is a supporter of Roebling's bridge project?
(a) Ezra Pound.
(b) Walt Whitman.
(c) Gertruid Stein.
(d) Emily Dickinson.
3. Who do the newspapers label a quack?
4. Which of the following is another name for "The Bends?"
(a) Tunnel disease.
(b) Caisson disease.
(c) Roebling disease.
(d) Bridge disease.
5. How many pastors preach at John Roebling's funeral?
Short Answer Questions
1. While on strike, how much do the workers demand for a four-hour shift, to return to work?
2. Which political party does Tweed align himself with in the novel?
3. How does Washington Roebling feel about having to speak for his father at meetings?
4. By the time Roebling's bridge is launched, how many of his workers have died on the job?
5. How much does the project to build the Brooklyn Bridge cost?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)