|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kingsley voice a tirade against?
(a) Theives and Gluttons.
(b) Vagabonds and Scoundrals.
(c) The ferry company.
(d) All who are guilty of sin.
2. Which river in Pennsylvania does John famously carry the canal across?
(a) The Allegheney River.
(b) The Vaugn River.
(c) The Monongahela River
(d) The Ohio River.
3. Which of the following modes of transportation stops the construction of "The Biggest Bridge in the World" in 1846?
(b) Passenger trains.
4. Which of the following names is NOT one of the engineers who attempts to build a bridge in this chapter?
(a) Edward Serrell.
(b) Thomas Telford
(c) Samuel Keefer.
(d) James Phancton.
5. How does Roebling respond to the scandal surrounding Kingsley?
(a) He ignores the rumors.
(b) He promotes him.
(c) He lowers his salary.
(d) He fires him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the company that wins the wire contract for the Brooklyn Bridge?
2. How many cables does Roebling suggest could hold the Brooklyn Bridge?
3. Which of the following animals does Dr. Smith perform tests on in the caissons, searching for a cure for the Bends?
4. In what city does John Roebling stay while talks of the Brooklyn Bridge reach completion?
5. After the New York caisson is filled, how many weeks of vacation does Roebling take from the bridge project?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)