|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which political party does Tweed align himself with in the novel?
(a) The Democrat Party.
(b) The Green Party.
(c) The Republican Party.
(d) The Independent Party.
2. How many people gather to watch the first cable car cross the East River?
3. What are the New York aldermen nicknamed in the 1850s?
(a) The "Flying Dutchmen."
(b) The "Forty Theives."
(c) The "Band of Horsemen."
(d) The "Golden Parachutes."
4. Which of the following precautions is NOT installed by Roebling previous to the fire?
(b) Steam pipes.
(c) Water buckets.
(d) Fire extingishers.
5. What does "The Heroic Mode" promise to cure?
(c) Weak metal frames.
(d) The bends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many gallons of water are used to extinguish the fire in the caisson?
2. When the cable car successfully travels from Brooklyn to Manhattan, what do the newspapers dub the journey?
3. How is Colonel Washington related to John A. Roebling?
4. How old is the Long Island boy who volunteers to be the first person to cross the bridge?
5. How many children does John and his wife Johanna have?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)