|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an adjective Brooklyners use to describe the ferry boats they traditionally use to cross to Manhattan?
2. Which of the following newspapers does NOT print a scandalous article about Tweed in their pages?
(a) The Times.
(b) The Tribune.
(c) The Herald.
(d) The Eagle.
3. Which of the following metals does Roebling call "the metal of the future?"
4. What type of business does John Roebling start from scratch?
(a) A glass business.
(b) A wood business.
(c) A wire business.
(d) A steel business.
5. What does John A. Roebling do for a living?
(a) He is a psychologist.
(b) He is a physicist.
(c) He is dentist.
(d) He is an engineer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which fire department responds to the fire in the caisson?
2. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Brooklyn at the time the bridge was built?
3. How many men are killed during the river's "Great Blowout?"
4. Which of the following poets is a supporter of Roebling's bridge project?
5. Which of the following subjects does John Roebling study in school as a teenager?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)