|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Brooklyn neighborhood where the elite live, overlooking the ocean?
(a) The Parlor.
(b) The Heights.
(c) The Cliffs.
(d) The Hamptons.
2. What is Washinton Roebling's nickname?
3. How many men are responsible for the fire that nearly destroys the caisson?
4. At what river does James Eads decide to build a bridge, directly competing for press with Washington Roebling?
(c) St Louis.
5. Which river in New York is considered the best harbor?
(a) St. Lawrence River.
(b) Susquehanna River.
(c) East River.
(d) Hudson River.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many feet of additional width are added to the bridge in order to ensure two-way traffic?
2. In what month of the year does Roebling's caisson finally slide into the water?
3. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Brooklyn at the time the bridge was built?
4. What expensive gem does Tweed encrust over everything at his daughter's wedding?
5. Which of the following poets is a supporter of Roebling's bridge project?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)