|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following modes of transportation stops the construction of "The Biggest Bridge in the World" in 1846?
(c) Passenger trains.
2. What staggering amount of money has John Roebling earned at the time his wife dies in 1864?
(b) $1 million.
(c) $10 million.
3. What is the one day of the week Roebling does not ask his men to come in for work?
4. Which of the following famous people is NOT mentioned as having left the West for fame and fortune in the East?
(a) Mark Twain.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) Andrew Carnegie.
(d) Thomas Edison.
5. In which city is "The Biggest Bridge in the World" constructed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a term used to describe John Roebling by his fellow townsfolk?
2. According to the Age of Progression, what does human suffering lead to?
3. What is the name of the party John joins after Johanna's death?
4. How is Colonel Washington related to John A. Roebling?
5. Which of the following is NOT a way Roebling's workers attempt to light the dark tunnels where they work?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)